About Philip Kiernan
COUSIN of Thomas Joseph McCORMACK
- Name: Mr Philip Kiernan
- Born: Friday 24th January 1890
- Age: 22 years
- Last Residence: in Aughnacliffe Longford Ireland
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Queenstown on Thursday 11th April 1912
- Ticket No. 367229 , £7 15s
- Destination: Jersey City New Jersey United States
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr Philip Kiernan, 22 was travelling with his brother John to Jersey City, New Jersey. He and his brother boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as third class passengers. Philip held ticket number 367229 which cost £7, 15s. They were accompanied by their cousin Tom McCormack.
Philip Kiernan lost his life in the disaster. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Notes Ray (1999) gives his age as 19.
Documents Jersey Journal, 19 April 1912, Jersey City Man And Brother Perish
References Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55). Noel Ray (1999) List of Passengers who Boarded RMS Titanic at Queenstown, April 11, 1912. The Irish Titanic Historical Society
Travelling Companions Mr John Kiernan Brother Mr Thomas Joseph McCormack Cousin Related Articles and Documents
Jersey Journal (1912) JERSEY CITY MAN AND BROTHER PERISH New York Times (1912) BEATEN FROM LIFEBOAT