Phillip's Top Matches
About Phillip Hiers
Mr. Hiers moved from South Carolina to Georgia about 1833 and located in the 9th district of Lowndes County. He was cut out of Lowndes into Colquitt County in its formation in 1856 and was elected one of the first Inferior Court justices in the new county in 1856 and commissioned March 28, 1856. He resigned the office August 13, 1856.
Mr. Hiers lived on the line of Colquitt and Brooks Counties and had property in both counties.
Mr. and Mrs. Hiers united with Bethel Primitive Baptist Church in present Brooks County by letter May 3, 1833. On April 4, 1846 they were granted letters of dismission and transferred to Sardis Church nearer their home, of which they remained members until their deaths.