Phoebe Hurd (Wentworth)
|Birthplace:||Norwich, CT, USA|
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Justin Swanström|
About Phoebe Hurd
- 'The Wentworth genealogy, comprising the origin of the name, the family in England, and a particular account of Elder William Wentworth, the emigrant, and of his descendants (1870) Vol. 1
- ' Phebe5 (572. I.), daughter of William4 and Martha (Armstrong) Wentworth. born 18 January, 1731-2 ; married Josiah Hurd, and lived in Sterling, Ct. He died there about 1812 ; she died there about 1818. They had:
- 1655. I. Rufas6 Hurd, died young, in Plainfield, Ct.
- 1656. II. Olive6 Hurd, married Amos Barret, who lived and died in Hinsdale, Mass. ; each died aged about 80 years ; he in 1831, she in 1837.
- 1657. III. Phebe6 Hurd, married, 1st, Ezra Thurston, who died many years ago in Schenectady, N. Y. ; 2d, ___ Kenyon, and died in Sterling, or Plainfield, Ct., having had two sons7 and one daughter.7
- 1658. IV. Hannah6 Hurd, married Reuben Thayer. They lived and died childless, in Sterling, Ct.
- 1659. V. Rachel6 Hurd, married her cousin Ezra6 (1679) Pennery, son of her aunt Sarah,5 whom see.
- 1660. VI. Martha6 Hurd, married Solomon Place. They lived and died in Greenwich, N. Y. : she dying in 1826, he in 1834. They had three daughters,7 and a son.7
- 1661. VII. William6 Hurd, died single, in Sterling, Ct.
- 1662. VIII. Joseph6 Hurd, married ___ Casey, and died in Sterling, Ct.