|Nicknames:||"Yitzhak Nahum Twersky", "of Shpikov", "Yitschok Nochum Twersky", "Yitzchak Nahum Twersky", "Yitzhak Nahum Twersky of Shpykiv", "Yitzchak Naum Twersky of Shpikov"|
|Death:||Died in Belzitz Concentration Camp|
|Managed by:||Shulem Jeremias - שלום יערמיאש|
Matching family tree profiles for R' Yitschok Nochum Twersky (Shpykiv)
About Yitschok Nahum Twersky, of Shpikov
Rabbi Yitzchak Menachem Nachum Twersky son of Rabbi Mordechai Mspicov was the third Rebbe of the Hassidic dynasty of Shpikov and rabbi of Rave - Ruska. Perished in the Holocaust.
Born in 1888. Married the daughter of Rabbi Issachar Dov of Belz and lived near his father in law. After the death of his father he was appointed Rebbe in his place. in 1926 he was appointed by his father in-law, the Rebbe of Belz to be the rabbi of Rave-ruske.
During the Holocaust when Nazi Germany soldiers came to Galicia in summer 1941, they beat Rabbi Yitzhak Nahum. He rejected the possibility offered him to escape, and chose to remain with his folk. Perished in Belzec in 1941. Source
Shpikov Hasidic Dynasty
Shpikov is a Hasidic dynasty originating in Shpykiv. The dynasty is derived from the Skver dynasty, which in turn is derived from the Chernobyl dynasty.
The first rebbe of Shpikov was Rabbi Menachem Nochum Twersky of Shpykiv.
- Rabbi Yitzchak Twersky of Skver
- Rabbi Menachem Nochum Twersky of Shpikov (died March 26, 1887 at Shpikov), second son of Rabbi Yitzchak
- Rabbi Mordechai Twersky of Shpikov (born 1862, died April 14, 1914 at Shpikov), son of Rabbi Menachem Nochum
- Rabbi Yitschok Nochum Twersky of Shpikov (born 1888 at Shpikov, perished 1942 at Belzec extermination camp) son of Rabbi Mordechai
- Rabbi Sholom Yosef Friedman of Shpikov (died March 1920 of typhus), son of Rabbi Dovid Friedman of Bohush and son-in-law of Rabbi Mordechai
- Rabbi Yitzchok Friedman of Bohush-Shpikov (born May 1903 at Shpikov, died Wednesday, August 12, 1992 at Arosa), son of Rabbi Sholom Yosef and husband of his cousin, Yocheved Feige, daughter of Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Bohush