Randle Brereton, IV
|Nicknames:||"Randle Brereton", "Randall Brereton", "Randolph Brereton"|
|Birthplace:||Malpas, City of Chester and West Cheshire, UK|
|Death:||Died in Shocklack, Cheshire, England|
|Place of Burial:||Malpas,Cheshire,England|
Son of Sir William de Brereton; Sir Randall Brereton; Emma de Carrington and Ellen Egerton
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir Randal Brereton
About Randle Brereton, IV
St. Oswald's Church in Malpas includes handsomely carved tomb and inscription of Sir Randal Brereton IV (d. 1530). This and the tenor bell Sir Randal donated to the church in 1508 are all that remain of his considerable estate and charity. He not only gave much to the church, but also established both a school and a hospital in Malpas. These are now gone, as is the Brereton Malpas mansion which succumbed to fire about two hundred years ago. This Sir Randal's son, Sir William Brereton, had first the good fortune to be Groom of the Privy Chamber to Henry VIII, and later the misfortune to have his consequent access to Queen Anne Boleyn used as a pretext for accusations of adultery. The charges cost both their lives, and no doubt had something to do with the Malpas and related Handforth Hall branches of the family siding with the Roundheads in the English Civil War.
- 'Sir Randle Brereton, Chamberlain of Chester1,2,3,4,5,6
- 'M, #20015, d. 1531
- Father Randle Brereton, Esq.2,7,6 d. 16 Jun 1536
- Mother Emma Carrington2,7,6
- ' Sir Randle Brereton, Chamberlain of Chester was born at of Malpas, Shocklach, & Wigland, Cheshire, England.3 He married Eleanor Dutton, daughter of Peter Dutton and Elizabeth Fouleshurst; They had 8 sons (Sir Randall; Sir Richard; John, a cleric; Peter, a cleric; Sir Roger; Sir William, Chamberlain of Chester Robert; & Sir Urian) and 4 daughters (Eleanor, wife of John Egerton, & of Sir William Brereton; Anne, wife of John Harcourt & of John Peshale; Elizabeth, wife of Richard Cholmondeley, & of Sir Randall Mainwaring; & Jane, wife of Sir Thomas Hanmer).2,3,5,6 Sir Randle Brereton, Chamberlain of Chester left a will on 2 August 1523.3,6 He died in 1531.2,3,6
- 'Family Eleanor Dutton d. a 1522
- John Brereton2
- Elizabeth Brereton+8,3,4,5,6 d. a 30 Nov 1545
- Sir Randle Brereton d. Jun 1530
- Eleanor Brereton+7 b. c 1498
- Sir Urian Brereton, Groom of the King's Chamber+9,2 b. c 1500, d. 19 Mar 1577
- 1.[S6186] Unknown author, Lineage and Ancestry of HRH Prince Charles by Paget, Vol. II, p. 255, 417.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 151.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 308-309.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 94.
- 5.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 279.
- 6.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 521.
- 7.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 308.
- 8.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 557.
- 9.[S11583] The Wallop Family and Their Ancestry, by Vernon James Watney, p., 136.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p666.htm#i20015
- 'Sir Randle Brereton1
- M, #353719
- Last Edited=27 Apr 2009
- ' Sir Randle Brereton lived at Ipstones, Staffordshire, England.1 He lived at Malpas, Cheshire, England.1
- 'Children of Sir Randle Brereton
- 1.Eleanor Brereton+2 d. 1570
- 2.Sir Roger Brereton2
- 1.[S47] Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd, editor, Burke's Irish Family Records (London, U.K.: Burkes Peerage Ltd, 1976), page 166. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Irish Family Records.
- 2.[S47] Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd, Burke's Irish Family Records.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p35372.htm#i353719
Sir Randal Brereton's Timeline
Malpas, City of Chester and West Cheshire, UK
Brereton, Cheshire, England
Is Coed, Maelor Saesneg, Flintshire, Wales