About Randle Brereton
RANDLE BRERETON, of Malpas, Cheshire & Ipstones, Staffs., Born c. 1380. M c. 1415 Alice (Born 1396, "aged 3 at her father's death, 1399), d & heiress of Sir William de Ipstones, Kt., of Blymhill & Ipstones, Staffs. & his wife Maud, d. of Sir Robert de Swynnerton, Kt., of Swynnerton, Staffs. (See CORBET). He sued Elizabeth, widow of Sir John de Ipstones, Kt., for waste in Blymhill, 1423. He was Sheriff of Cheshire, 1428, 1433 & 1436. He had issue: HSP Salop, p 67 & Ches, p 41 WSAS I, p 301 VCH Staffs V, p 65 (I could only find reference to him as high sheriff to 1429 on my list) He is listed as Sheriff of Chesire in 1429.
- 'Randle Brereton, Esq., Sheriff of Cheshire1,2,3,4,5
- 'M, #21654, d. after 1437
- Father Sir William Brereton2,3,5 d. bt 1381 - 1382
- Mother Margaret Done2,3,5
- ' Randle Brereton, Esq., Sheriff of Cheshire was born at of Malpas & Shocklach, Cheshire, England.2,3 He married Alice Ipstones, daughter of Sir William Ipstones and Maud Swynnerton, before 29 September 1410; They had 2 sons (Sir Randal; & William) and 1 daughter (who married (Mr.) Spurstow).2,6,3,4,5 Randle Brereton, Esq., Sheriff of Cheshire died after 1437.3,5
- 'Family Alice Ipstones b. c 1396
- Sir Randle Brereton+2,3,5 d. a 12 Jun 1478
- 1.[S6565] Unknown author, Burke's Dormant and Extinct Baronetcies, p. 645.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 151.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 307.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 491.
- 5.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 520.
- 6.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 637-638.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p721.htm#i21654
- 'Sir Randle Brereton1
- M, #353318
- Last Edited=27 Apr 2009
- ' Sir Randle Brereton is the son of Sir William Brereton and Margaret Done.1
- ' He lived at Ipstones, Staffordshire, England.1 He lived at Malpas, Cheshire, England.1
- 1.[S47] Hugh Montgomery-Massingberd, editor, Burke's Irish Family Records (London, U.K.: Burkes Peerage Ltd, 1976), page 166. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Irish Family Records.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p35332.htm#i353318
- From: Stirnet - 'Brereton01'
- (i) William Brereton (dvp)
- m. Margery Bosley (dau of Richard de Bosley)
- (a) Sir William Brereton of Brereton (a 1376)
- m1. Ellen Egerton (dau of Philip Egerton (of Malpas)) Etc. ....
- ((1)) Sir William Brereton of Brereton (b 14.02.1349, d 10.1.1426)
- m1. (1386) Angella or Anilla or Emily Venables (dau of Hugh Venables) Etc. ....
- ((2))+) 2 sons mentioned by BIFR1976
- m2. Margaret Done (dau of ?? Done of Utkinton, widow of John Davenport)
- BE1883 shows Margaret as mother of Randle but Visitation (Cheshire, 1580, Brereton of Brereton) suggests that his mother was Hellin (of) Mallpas.
- BIFR1976 (Brereton) supports the view that Randle was son of Margaret.
- ' ((4)) Randle Brereton of Malpas
- ' m. Alice Ipstones (dau of William de Ipstones)
- ((5)) Elizabeth Brereton
- m. William de Cholmondely of Cholmondely (d 1375)
- ((6)) daughter
- m. (Richard William)
- Main sources: BE1883 (Brereton)
Randle Brereton's Timeline
Brereton, Cheshire, England
Eccles, Lancashire, , England
Harfleur, département de la Seine-Maritime, Region Haute-Normandie, France