About Rev William Lahtinen
- Name: Fr William Lahtinen
- Born: Sunday 23rd April 1876
- Age: 35 years
- Last Residence: in Minneapolis Minnesota United States
- Occupation: Priest / Minister
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 250651 , £26
- Destination: Minneapolis Minnesota United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Rev William Lahtinen, 30, was probably born in Viitasaari, central Finland. He was married to Anna and in 1912 they both travelled to Finland to help a friend, Lyyli Silvén who wished to emigrate.
William and Anna boarded the Titanic at Southampton. They were returning, with Miss Sylvan to the home they were building in Minneapolis, MN.
After the Titanic collided with an iceberg, Anna had initially boarded a lifeboat, but decided that she wanted to stay with her husband. Miss Silven, however, got in a boat and was rescued. She later told that Anna Lahtinen had looked very nervous, while William had calmly smoked a cigar. Neither of their bodies were found.
The Mansion House Titanic Relief fund records show that in 1914 William's widowed mother, Fredrika Peura a crofter from Viitasaari, Finland received £50 in assistance.