About Richard Murray
Burkes Peerage Extract (Full document attached)
4a Henry; born 13 June 1767; married 8 Dec 1786 Eliza (died 20 Dec 1847), daughter of Richard Kent, of Liverpool, anddied 3 Dec 1805, leaving, with five daughters:
- 1b Richard; born 19 Oct 1787; Lt-Col; married 1st 1 June 1811 Catherine (died 30 April 1817), daughter of J J Bacon,
http://www.archive.org/stream/heraldryofmurray00john#page/24/mode/2up Page 24 - No 105-f-1
105(f) Henry Murray, born 13th June 1767; died 3rd December 1805. On 8th December 1786 he married Elizabeth, daughter of Richard Kent, who died 20th December 1847, having had:
- 105(f)1 Richard Murray, born 19th October 1787; died 16th October 1843. He married, first, 1st June 181 1, Catherine, daughter of John J. Bacon, who died 30th April 1817 ; second, 1819, Margaret, daughter of William Tennison, who died 8th November 1824. He had issue by both wives.
Lt.-Col. Richard Murray1 M, #22452, b. 19 October 1787, d. 16 October 1843
Lt.-Col. Richard Murray was born on 19 October 1787.1 He was the son of Lord Henry Murray and Eliza Kent.1 He married, firstly, Catherine Bacon, daughter of John Joseph Bacon and Ann Cosnahan, on 1 June 1811.1 He married, secondly, Margaret Tennison, daughter of William Tennison, in 1819.2 He died on 16 October 1843 at age 55 at Mount Murray, Isle of Man.2,3
Child of Lt.-Col. Richard Murray and Margaret Tennison
- Margaret Murray2 d. 13 Jun 1859
Children of Lt.-Col. Richard Murray and Catherine Bacon
- Elizabeth Anne Murray2 d. 1863
- Emily Maria Murray+2 b. 19 Apr 1814, d. 11 May 1889
- Lt.-Col. Henry Murray+1 b. 4 Apr 1815, d. 8 Mar 1864
- [S8] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 137. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
- [S8] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, volume 1, page 138.
- [S125] Richard Glanville-Brown, online <e-mail address>, Richard Glanville-Brown (RR 2, Milton, Ontario, Canada), downloaded 17 August 2005.