About Richard Preston, 1st Earl of Desmond
Richard Preston, 1st Earl of Desmond, died on 28 October 1628.3
- Elizabeth Butler, daughter of Thomas Butler, 10th Earl of Ormonde and Hon. Elizabeth Sheffield, after December 1613.2
Child of Richard Preston, 1st Earl of Desmond and Elizabeth Butler
- Elizabeth Preston, Baroness Dingwall+ b. 25 Jul 1615, d. 21 Jul 1684
Richard Preston, 1st Earl of Desmond gained the title of Lord Dingwall.1 He was created 1st Earl of Desmond [Ireland] on 24 July 1619.1
- [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 453. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 452.
- [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 487.