Robert's Top 9 Matches
About Robert Bee
Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel 1847–1868 Jesse Murphy Company (1860) Age at departure: 11
Perpetual Emigrating Fund
Birth: Dec. 27, 1848 Southwark Greater London, England
Death: Feb. 1, 1926 Provo Utah County Utah, USA
Married Johannah Olsson, 20 Oct 1889, Provo, Utah, Utah. Born Old Kent Road Borough, London.
Emigrated March 28, 1857, from Liverpool, England and arrived in Boston on April 20, 1957. Left for Utah in 1860 and arrived in Salt Lake City on August 30th. Moved to Provo a week later.
Hunted, traded furs, worked in a molasses mill and coal mines as a young man. Became a U.S. citizen on Jan. 10, 1872. He established a trading store and his family lived over it. He did well and was later able to build a new store across the street from his brother, Stephen's. He expanded into general merchadise. He helped establish the Farmers and Merchants Bank and was a director. In 1910 he retired from the store business and began loans on first mortgages. He also rented the store and the room above it after he had purchased a home.
He loved music and played in the Provo City Band. He joined the Masonic Lodge in 1877 and became very active.
- Samuel Bee (1819 - 1887)
- Jane Baker Bee (1820 - 1891)
- Lavina Pullin Clive Bee (1853 - 1888)
- Johannah Olson Bee (1870 - 1938)*
- Mabel Lavina Bee Boorey (1877 - 1903)*
- Robert Claude Bee (1879 - 1879)*
- Jane Bee (1879 - 1879)*
- William Frederick Bee (1880 - 1937)*
- Robert George Bee (1882 - 1967)*
- Alice Bee Teauge (1885 - 1957)*
- Florence Bee (1888 - 1889)*
- Beatrice Bee (1890 - 1891)*
- Howard Bengt Bee (1891 - 1968)*
- Maurice Bee (1894 - 1953)*
- Edith Bee Davis (1907 - 1999)*
Burial: Provo City Cemetery Provo Utah County Utah, USA Plot: Block 5 Lot 44
Maintained by: Robert Bee Originally Created by: Jodi Gooch Record added: Jul 20, 2009 Find A Grave Memorial# 39672322