Robert's Top Matches
About Robert Buchanan of Drumnakill
"Robert Buchanan, to whom his father gave Kepdory, half of Drumkil, and probably Middle Ledlewan, was extravagant and insolvent. His son Thomas lived at the Moss, married Agnes Heriot, but died while still a young man, leaving a family of five sons and three daughters. The famous George Buchanan was the fifth son.
GEORGE BUCHANAN: A MEMORIAL 1506-1906. Contributions by various writers, compiled and edited by D. A. MILLAR http://www.archive.org/stream/georgebuchananme00milliala/georgebuchananme00milliala_djvu.txt
"It was while farming Moss a 40 shilling land of old extent,or a property of about 104 acres- that Thomas Buchanan, eldest son of Robert, the second of Drumikil, and grandson of […] Thomas of Bultoune, married Agnes Heriot." GEORGE BUCHANAN: A MEMORIAL 1506-1906. Contributions by various writers, compiled and edited by D. A. MILLAR http://www.archive.org/stream/georgebuchananme00milliala/georgebuchananme00milliala_djvu.txt
- 'Robert (2Nd Of Drummikill And Moss) Buchanan
- 'Died - Abt 1518
- From: http://www.douglashistory.co.uk/famgen/getperson.php?personID=I93224&tree=tree1
- Stirnet - Buchanan04
- Thomas Buchanan of Gartincaber, Drummikill and Carbeth (a 1495)
- '1. Robert Buchanan, 2nd of Drummikill and Moss (d c.1518)
- ' m. (c1472) Margaret Hay of Dillievardis
- A. Thomas Buchanan, younger of Drummikill and Moss (dvp)
- m. Agnes Heriot (dau. of Andrew Heriot of Trabroun)
- B. John Buchanan (a 1533)
- Either a brother of son of Robert was ..
- C. William Buchanan, 1st of Blairhennachra
- 2. Thomas Buchanan, 1st of Carbeth (d before 1493)
- 3. Walter Buchanan of Balwill
- Main sources: "Strathendrick and its Inhabitants from Early Times" by John Guthrie Smith, published in Glasgow in 1896.
Source citation: information from seventeen family trees:
Robert Buchanan, second of Drummikill and Moss's Timeline
Carbeth, Isle Buchanan, Stirlingshire, Scotland