Robert De Greystoke
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
Son of William de Greystoke, 2nd Baron Greystoke and Joane FitzHenry, Baroness Greystroke
|Managed by:||Günther Kipp|
Matching family tree profiles for Robert De Greystoke
About Robert De Greystoke
- Sir William de Greystoke, 2nd Lord Greystoke1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
- M, #15465, b. 6 January 1321, d. 10 July 1359
- Father Sir Ralph de Greystoke, 3rd Baron Greystoke9,3,10,11 b. 15 Aug 1299, d. 14 Jul 1323
- Mother Alice de Audley9,3,10,11 b. c 1300, d. 12 Jan 1374
- Sir William de Greystoke, 2nd Lord Greystoke was born on 6 January 1321 at Grimthorpe, Yorkshire, England; Christened on the same date, same place.2,12 He married Lucy de Lucy, daughter of Sir Anthony de Lucy, 1st Lord Lucy, Sheriff of Cumberland and Elizabeth de Tilliol, circa 1341; He repudiated her.13,2,14,12,8 Sir William de Greystoke, 2nd Lord Greystoke married Joan FitzHenry, daughter of Sir Henry FitzHenry, Lord FitzHugh and Joan de Fourneux, circa 9 October 1351; They had 3 sons (Ralph; William; & Robert) and 1 daughter (Alice, wife of Sir Robert Harington, 3rd Lord Harington).2,3,4,5,6,12,7,8 Sir William de Greystoke, 2nd Lord Greystoke died on 10 July 1359 at Brancepeth, Durham, England, at age 38; Buried at Greystoke Church, Cumberland.2,14,12
- Family 1 Lucy de Lucy d. b Oct 1351
- Family 2 Joan FitzHenry d. 1 Sep 1403
- Alice Greystoke15,2,5,12,7 d. c 1377
- Sir Ralph Greystoke, 3rd Lord Greystoke & FitzWilliam, Constable of Lochmaben Castle, Justice, Steward, & Keeper of the lordship of Annandale+4,14,12 b. 18 Oct 1353, d. 6 Apr 1418
- [S4203] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. VI, p. 192-194; Lineage and Ancestry of HRH Prince Charles by Paget, Vol. II, p. 405.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 362.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 538-539.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 282.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 351-352.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 630.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 220.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 78.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 361-362.
- [S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 173-174.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 135.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 136-137.
- [S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. VI, p. 193.
- [S6] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry: 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 175.
- [S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. VI, p. 317.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p515.htm#i15465
- William de Greystoke, 2nd Baron Greystoke, (6 January 1321 – 10 July 1359) was an English peer and landowner.
- Greystoke was the son of Ralph de Greystoke, 1st Baron Greystoke, and his wife Alice, daughter of Hugh, Lord Audley. He was born at the family home in Grimthorpe, on 6 January 1321. Greystoke's father died while he was still a child and he became a ward of his mother's second husband, Ralph Neville, 2nd Baron Neville de Raby, until he reached his majority in 1342.
- .... etc.
- His first wife was Lucy de Lucie, daughter of Thomas, Baron Lucy, but the marriage was childless, and they divorced. During this time, his stepfather, Ralph Neville, unsuccessfully proposed that Greystoke should name his half-brothers, Ralph, Robert, and William Neville, as his heirs. Greystoke married, for a second time, to Joane, daughter of Lord Fitzhugh, by whom he had four children; Ralph, his heir, Robert, William and Alice.
- In October 1353, Greystoke was given permission to crenellate 'his dwelling place', which would later become known as Greystoke Castle. He was also responsible for renovations on Morpeth Castle which he also owned.
- Greystoke died on 10 July 1359, at Brancepeth Castle, the seat of his step-father, and was buried in the parish church of St. Andrew's in Greystoke, Cumbria, with a mass conducted by Gilbert de Welton, Bishop of Carlisle. Those who attended his funeral, which took place with 'great pomp and solemnity', included his step-father, and first father-in-law, the guardian to his heir, Ralph, Roger de Clifford, 5th Baron de Clifford, as well as, Henry Scrope, 1st Baron Scrope of Masham, Thomas, Baron Musgrave, and the abbots from the monasteries at Holmcultram and Shap.
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_de_Greystoke,_2nd_Baron_Greystoke
- William De GREYSTOKE (4º B. Greystoke of Greystoke)
- Born: 6 Jan 1320, Grimthorpe, Lincolnshire, England
- Died: 20 Jul 1359, Bracepeth Castle, Northumberland, England
- Buried: Aug 1359, Parish Church, Greystoke, Cumberland, England
- Father: Ralph GREYSTOKE (3º B. Greystoke of Greystoke)
- Mother: Alice AUDLEY (B. Neville of Raby)
- Married 1: Lucy De LUCY
- Married 2: Joan FITZHUGH (B. Greystoke of Greystoke) ABT Oct 1351, Bracepeth, Northumberland, England
- 1. Ralph GREYSTOKE (5º B. Greystoke of Greystoke)
- 2. Alice De GREYSTOKE
- 3. William De GREYSTOKE
- 4. Robert De GREYSTOKE
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/GREYSTOKE.htm#William De GREYSTOKE (4º B. Greystoke of Greystoke)
Robert De Greystoke's Timeline