|Birthplace:||Isle of Bute, Scotland|
|Cause of death:||Killed by pirates|
Son of William Douglas, 6th Earl of Morton and Lady Agnes Leslie, Counties of Morton
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Robert Douglas, Master of Morton
About Robert Douglas, Master of Morton
Robert; m (contract 19 March 1582/3) Jean (m 2nd 1587 8th Earl of Angus, m 3rd 1593 1st Lord Spynie; dau of 8th Lord Glamis, dvp March 1584/5, being killed by pirates
- 'Robert Douglas, Master of Morton1
- 'M, #109598, d. March 1584/85
- Last Edited=7 Apr 2013
- ' Robert Douglas, Master of Morton was the son of William Douglas, 6th Earl of Morton and Lady Agnes Leslie.2 A contract for the marriage of Robert Douglas, Master of Morton and Jean Lyon was signed on 19 March 1582/83.1 He died in March 1584/85 killed by pirates.1,3,4
- ' He lived at Lochleven, Scotland.
- 'Child of Robert Douglas, Master of Morton and Jean Lyon
- 1.William Douglas, 7th Earl of Morton+5 b. c 1584, d. 7 Aug 1648
- 1.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 159. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 2787. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 3.[S2] Peter W. Hammond, editor, The Complete Peerage or a History of the House of Lords and All its Members From the Earliest Times, Volume XIV: Addenda & Corrigenda (Stroud, Gloucestershire, U.K.: Sutton Publishing, 1998), page 27. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage, Volume XIV.
- 4.[S1122] Peerage News, online http://peeragenews.blogspot.co.nz/. Hereinafter cited as Peerage News.
- 5.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 2, page 2787.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p10960.htm#i109598
- 'Robert Douglas1
- 'M, #66552, d. before 1587
- Father Sir William Douglas, 7th Earl of Morton1 b. bt 1539 - 1540, d. 27 Sep 1606
- Mother Agnes Leslie1 d. a Feb 1594
- ' A contract for the marriage of Robert Douglas and Jean Lyon was signed on 19 March 1583.1 Robert Douglas died before 1587.1
- 'Family Jean Lyon
- 1.[S147] Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage, 1938 ed., by Sir Bernard Burke, p., 1788.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2215.htm#i66552