About Robert Henry Butt
- Name: Mr Robert Henry Butt
- Born: 1890
- Age: 21 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at Canute Road Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Oceanic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 10)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday 8th May 1912.
Mr Robert Butt, 22, was born in Hampshire. When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 9 Canute (?) Road, (Southampton). As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s. His last ship had been the Oceanic.
Right: © Bill Fowler, Canada. Butt died in the sinking. His body was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#10) and was buried at Fairview Cemetary, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 8 May 1912.
NO. 10 (See No. 77) - MALE - ESTIMATED AGE, 25 - HAIR, FAIR
CLOTHING - Ships uniform waistcoat; blue trousers; spring sided shoes.
ADDRESS ON ENVELOPE - "R. Butt. 6 Caute Rd., Freemantle, Southampton.".
NAME - R. BUTT
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) White Star Line (1912) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Including Bodies Buried at Sea and Bodies Delivered at Morgue in Halifax, N.S.