Robert's Top Matches
About Robert Moray, of Abercairny
"(258) Robert Moray of Abercairny. Will recorded 19th December 1595 (Edinburgh). He married, contract dated 7th September 1560, Katherine, daughter of Sir William Murray of Tullibardine (No. 96 above), and had: -
- Sir William (No. 259 below).
- Sir David Moray of Gorthy, died s.p.
- Sir Mungo Moray of Craigie. Married a daughter of George Halkett of Pitfirran, and had: -
- Sir Robert Moray, Lord Justice Clerk.
- Sir William Moray of Dreghorn. Married a daughter of Sir James Foulis of Colinton, and had: -
- Sir James Moray, died s.p. Will recorded 26th April 1697 (Edinburgh).
- Robert Moray, died young.
- Sir Charles Moray of Dreghorn, died s.p. Will, in which he is styled Baronet, recorded 26th June 1740 (Edinburgh). He married Marion, daughter of Sir George Maxwell of Nether Pollock.
- Rev. John Moray, died January 1632. Will recorded 5th April 1632 (Edinburgh). He was appointed to Dunfermline 1620, and deprived two years later. He married, first, Margaret Leslie, daughter of John, Master of Rothes, who died 12th June 1620, leaving a son: -
- David Moray, died young. He married, second, Mary Melville, and had a daughter (Scott's Fasti),
- Captain Andrew Moray, died s.p.
- James Moray, died s.p."
SOURCE: The heraldry of the Murrays: with notes on all the males of the family, descriptions of the arms, plates and pedigrees, by G. Harvey Johnston, 1910, page 62, paragraph 258