Robert's Top Matches
About Robert Thornley
Robert Thornley (son of John Thornley and Helen Langton). Born June 3, 1830, Leyland, Lancastershire, England. Came to Utah October 1, 1855. John Hindley company.
Married: Annie Brighton March 24, 1858 (daughter of Robert Brighton and Elizabeth Stewart), who was born in 1840, and came to Utah in October 1857, with the Israel Evans handcart company.
- Robert Brighton born December 11, 1861, married Annie G. Teer April 8, 1891;
- John Stewart born January 8, 1864, married Liddy Baker November 1895;
- William born January 26, 1866, married Emma Clark June 6, 1894;
- Helen born June 29, 1868, married W. J. Timmins June 24, 1891;
- Annie born July 13, 1870, married Walter White August 29, 1894;
- Seth born October 1, 1872, married Alice Glazier July 20, 1904;
- Thomas born October 29, 1874, married Pearl Gammon;
- James born May 16, 1877, married Mary Smith May 23, 1900;
- George born March 18, 1880;
- Samuel born July 20, 1882, married Etta Barnet November 28, 1906.
Family home Smithfield, Cache County, Utah, and all are living (1913).
High Priest; Sunday school and ward teacher for 31 years; missionary. Member of Utah militia. One of the first nine families settled at Smithfield, where he helped to survey and lay out the city. Worked on the tabernacle and temple at Logan.