Historical records matching Pauline Robin Bush
About Pauline Robinson Bush
On December 20, 1949, a daughter, Pauline Robinson Bush was born. They called her Robin. In 1950, Mr. Bush moved his family to west Texas to a town called Midland. Jeb, the next son was only a few weeks old when Mrs. Bush noticed something strange in her daughter. Robin woke one morning and was undecided as to what to do. She stated that she might just lie on the grass and watch the cars go by or maybe just stay in bed. Mrs. Bush noticed that this was strange behavior for a three year old. She took her to Dr. Dorothy Wyvell to be examined and had blood drawn. Dr. Wyvell told Mrs. Bush to bring Mr. Bush back the next day, but to leave Robin at home. They were told that Robin had leukemia. The doctor advised them to take her home an to let her quietly slip away while keeping her comfortable and loving her. Mr. Bush was unwilling to give up that quickly. He called his uncle, Dr. John Walker, at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Hospital in New York City. They left Midland and took Robin to the hospital for treatment. The Bush's stayed at the Walker's apartment on Sutton Place in New York off and on until October 1953 when Robin passed away. Both Mr. and Mrs. Bush were by her side. There was no funeral, as the Bush's had signed papers giving Robin's body to research hoping that a cure could be found for such a horrible disease. One day in New York Mr. Bush's father asked Mrs. Bush to go with him to the cemetery in Greenwich. Putnam Cemetery was on a hillside with trees, and he had picked out a headstone that had BUSH engraved in it. That was where little Robin was laid to rest. However, in the year 2000 Robin was moved to the future final resting place of President George H.W.Bush and Former First lady Barbara Bush. Her headstone is toward the back of the small cemetery. The little gravesite is beautiful, surrounded by trees, with the lovely sound of birds all around. The Presidential Seal is just inside the gate made of marble and set in cement. This is on the Texas A&M University Campus where the Presidential library is located.