|Birthplace:||Newbury, Essex, MA, USA|
|Death:||Died in Newbury, Essex, Massachusetts, United States|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Samuel Moody
About Samuel Moody
He sailed to New England with his parents and brother Joshua on 10 April 1634 on the Ship Mary and John?
"William Moody was a saddler and came from Ispwich, England to Ipswich, MA in 1634 sailing on the "Mary & John", Robert Sayres, Master, from Southhampton 10 Apr. with his wife Mrs. Sarah Moody and their son Joshua."
His will was dated 22 Mar 1675 and proved on 21 Apr 1675.
Married 1) Hannah Plummer, no children
Married 2) Mary Cutting on 30 Nov. 1657 Newbury; she married 2nd to Daniel Lunt (24 June 1679 Newbury)
- Mary (Twin) (1658-<1675)
- Sarah (Twin) (1658->1681)
- Lydia (1667->1705)
- Samuel (1671->1700)
- 145. John Farmer, “Genealogical Register of the First Settlers of New England”, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore 1976, page 198 (copy in david Moody file John)
- 194. Genealogy, A Weekly Journal of American Ancestry; New York, NY, February 17, 1912, Vol. 1, Number 7, pp49-50.
- 489. Genealogy, A Weekly Journal of American Ancestry; New York, NY, February 17, 1912, Vol. 1, Number 7, pp49-50. Newbury
- (1) A Sketch of the History of Newbury, Neburyport and West Newbury- Joshua Coffin, Samuel Drake, Boston, 1845- p.287
- (2) Biographical Sketches of the Moody Family- Charles C.P. Moody, Samuel Drake, Boston, 1847- pp.8-10
- (3) History of Newbury- John James Currier, Damrell & Upham, Boston, 1902- p. 109
- (4) Ibid- p. 93
- (5) New England Families- Genealogical and Memorial- William Richard Cutter, Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1915- Vol. IV, p. 2333
- Old Families of Salisbury & Amesbury-pp.248-9