Sarah Towne (Gary)
|Birthplace:||Pomfret, Windham, Connecticut|
|Death:||Died in Oxford, Massachusetts|
|Managed by:||Scott David Hibbard|
Matching family tree profiles for Sarah Towne
About Sarah Towne
Sarah (Gary) Towne was born on January 12, 1700/1 in Pomfret, Windham County, Connecticut. She was the second child and first daughter of William Gary, a wealthy farmer and landowner, and his wife Susanna.
On April 21, 1733, Sarah married David Towne in Killingly, Windham County, Connecticut. She was his second wife; even though she was in her thirties, no prior marriage for her is recorded. With David, Sarah had two children:
- David Towne: b. July 15, 1734 in Oxford, Worcester County, Massachusetts - d. January 1792 in Hebron, Washington County, New York
- Susannah Towne: b. August 30, 1736 - d. April 9, 1737
Sarah died in Oxford, Massachusetts on June 24, 1737. David married twice again after her death.
- Bowen, Clarence Winthrop. The History of Woodstock, Connecticut. Norwood, Mass.: Plimpton Press, 1943.
- Brainerd, Lawrence. Gary Genealogy: The Descendants of Arthur Gary of Roxbury, Massachusetts. Boston: T. R. Marvin & Son, 1918.
- New England Historical & Genealogical Register, 1867, vol. xxi.
Sarah Towne's Timeline
January 12, 1700
Pomfret, Windham, Connecticut
April 21, 1733
Killingly, Windham, Connecticut
July 15, 1734
Oxford, Worcester, Massachusetts
August 30, 1736
June 24, 1737