About Selena Cook (Rogers)
Mrs Selena Cook (née Rogers)
- Born: Sunday 6th April 1890
- Age: 22 years
- Married to Arthur Cook.
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 14266 , £10 10s
- Cabin No.: F33
- Rescued (boat 14)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Saturday 12th September 1964
Mrs Arthur Cook (Selena Rogers), 22, a newlywed from Oxford, England boarded the Titanic at Southampton. She had left her husband to visit relatives in New York.
During the voyage she shared a cabin (F-33) with Mildred Brown, Amelia Lemore, and Elizabeth Nye.
After the collision on the night of Sunday April 14th Mildred Brown was very reluctant to get up even when Swane and her room mates encouraged warned her of the danger. Only when Selena Rogers exclaimed that she was surely the only person on the entire ship to remain in bed, did she stir.
She was rescued in lifeboat 14 and sat next to Leah Aks as the boat was lowered and the two women remained close after their rescue by the Carpathia.