Richard Lowden, Sgt.
|Death:||Died in Charleston,Middlesex,Massachusetts,USA|
|Place of Burial:||Charleston,Middlesex,Mass|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Sergeant Richard Lowden
About Sergeant Richard Lowden
- Richard Lowden
- Birth: 1610, England
- Death: Jul. 11, 1700 Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, USA
- Family links:
- Mary Cole Lowden (1618 - 1683)*
- Mary Lowden Frothingham (1645 - 1703)*
- Elizabeth Lowden Willis (1656 - ____)*
- Burial: Phipps Street Burying Ground, Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, USA
- Plot: 4N55
- Find A Grave Memorial# 51158389
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=51158389
- LOWDEN, Richard
- b. ABT 1613
- d. 12 JUL 1700 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass.
- Spouse: COLE, Mary
- LOWDEN, Jeremy b. 8 MAR 1642/3 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass. d. FEB 1643/4 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass.
- LOWDEN, Mary
- LOWDEN, James b. ABT 1647 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass. d. 1740
- LOWDEN, Samuel b. 1649 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass. d. 16 SEP 1682 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass.
- LOWDEN, Hannah b. ABT 1651 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass. d. SEP 1682
- LOWDEN, Elizabeth b. 23 SEP 1656 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass.
- LOWDEN, Martha
- LOWDEN, Sarah b. ABT 1661 Charlestown, Suffolk, Mass.
- LOWDEN, John
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_61b.htm#56
- The early genealogies of the Cole families in America. (Including Coles and Cowles). With some account of the descendants of James, by Hartford, Connecticut, 1635-1652, and of Thomas Cole, of Salem, Mass., 1649-1672
- RISE (or RYCE) COLE came from England in 1630, and settled at Charlestown. He was one of the few who did not remove from Charlestown to Boston. He and his wife, Arrold, were of those dismissed from the Boston Church in October, 1632, to form the first Church of Charlestown, and their names appear on the covenant signed November 14, 1632. (Reg. 23-190.)
- He was admitted Freeman April 1, 1633, and appears on the list of proprietors of October 13, 1634, and in a division in January, 1635, he obtaining four acres. He was a witness of the will of Daniel Shepherdson, blacksmith, of Charlestown, May 16, 1644. He died May 15, 1646.
- His possessions in Charlestown, as shown by the land records, page 59, were:
- .... etc.
- The will of his widow, Arrold Cole, made December 20, 1661, proved six days later, mentions three children and three grandchildren, of her daughter, Mrs. Lowden. They were all born in England. The children were:
- 2. i. John, b. — —
- ii. —— , b. — — , m. —— Pierce.
- [This Pierce was probably Thomas Pierce, of Woburn, who lived first in Charlestown, and who had eleven children born in Woburn between 1644 and 1660.]
- iii. Mary, b. — — , 1638, m. Richard Lowden.
- He was at Charlestown as early as 1618. Was admitted freeman May 18, 1642, and died there July 12, 1700, at eighty-seven. She died October 6, 1683, at sixty-five. Their children were:
- ( i.) John, b. May 16, 1641 (A freeman of Charlestown, 1668. Had seven children.)
- ( ii.) Jeremy, b. March 8, 1643, d. Feb., 1644.
- (iii.) Mary, b. Feb. 24, 1645.
- (iv.) Samuel, b. 1650, d. Sept. 16, 1682.
- ( v.) Elizabeth, bapt. Sept. 23, 1656.
- (vi.) Martha, b. April 6, 1659, m. John Cole, who was son of John and Hannah (Kettell) Cole, b. Jan. 20, 1653. They joined the Church March 6, 1687.
- .... etc.
view all 20
Sergeant Richard Lowden's Timeline
Charlestown, Suffolk, Massachusetts
May 16, 1641
March 8, 1643
December 24, 1644
Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, United States
September 23, 1656
April 6, 1659
Boston, MA, USA