Sibley George's Top 9 Matches
About Sibley George Richards
- Name: Master Sibley George Richards
- Born: Saturday 17th June 1911
- Age: 9 months and 29 days.
- Last Residence: in Penzance Cornwall England
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 29106 , £18 15s
- Destination: Akron Ohio United States
- Rescued (boat 4)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 4th December 1987
Master Sibley George Richards (George), 10 months was born at 'The Meadow', Newlyn, Cornwall on 17 June 191 1. The son of Mr Sibley Richards and Mrs Emily Richards (née Hocking). He was named after his father and maternal gr grandfather. He travelled second class on Titanic with his mother and brother, William Rowe Richards bound for Akron Ohio to rejoin his father.
He survived the sinking in lifeboat 4 and returned to West Cornwall in 1914 with his parents and brother. He continued to live in West Cornwall for the rest of his life, he married Elizabeth James and they had one son, Anthony George.
He died on 4 December, 1987 in Penzance one month before his brother Willy, and is interred in the Paul Cemetery, Paul Cornwall, with his wife. His son and two grandchildren still live in West Cornwall.
- Cornish Life Magazine, 1981, Article
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United States Immigration Officer At Port Of Arrival (Date: 18th-19th June 1912, Ship: Carpathia) - National Archives, NWCTB 85 T715 Vol 4183
- Margaret Ball
- Stephen Coombes, UK
- Chris Dohany, USA
- Jeannette Francis, UK
- Brian Ticehurst, UK
- Geoff Whitfield, UK
- Homer Thiel, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Emily Richards
- Master William Rowe Richards