Henry Neville, of Latimer
|Birthplace:||Latimer, Buckinghamshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Edgecote, Banbury, Oxfordshire, England|
|Cause of death:||Killed in Battle|
|Place of Burial:||Beauchamp Chapel, St. Mary's, Warwickshire, England|
Son of George Neville, 1st Baron Latimer and Elizabeth de Beauchamp
|Managed by:||Ofir Friedman|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir Henry Neville of Latimer
About Sir Henry Neville of Latimer
- Sir Henry Neville1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
- M, #22067, b. circa 1438, d. 26 July 1469
- Father Sir George Nevill, 1st Lord Latimer9,10,11 b. c 1414, d. 30 Dec 1469
- Mother Elizabeth Beauchamp9,10,11 b. c 1417, d. c 2 Oct 1480
- Sir Henry Neville was born circa 1438 at of Isenhampstead, Berkshire, England.2 He married Joan Bourchier, daughter of Sir John Bourchier, 1st Lord Berners, Constable of Windsor Castle and Margery Berners, circa 1461; They had 2 sons (Sir Richard, 2nd Lord Latimer; & Thomas, Esq.) and 1 daughter (Joan, wife of Sir James Radcliffe).2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Sir Henry Neville died on 26 July 1469 at Battle of Edgecote Field, Banbury, Oxfordshire, England; Buried in Beauchamp Chapel, Warwickshire.2,5,8
- Family Joan Bourchier b. c 1442, d. 7 Oct 1470
- Joane Neville+ b. c 1462
- Sir Richard Neville, 2nd Lord Latimer+2,5,8 b. c 1468, d. 12 Dec 1530
- Thomas Neville, Esq., Sheriff of Staffordshire, Justice of the Peace for Worcestershire+12,2,4,5,7,8 b. c 1470, d. 1546
- [S6751] Unknown author, Burke's Peerage, 1938, p. 1490; Wallop Family, p. 586; Royal Highness, Ancestry of the Royal Child, by Moncreiffe, p. 29; Plantagenet Ancestry of 17th Century Colonists, by David Faris, p. 29.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 440.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 284.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 309-310.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 2.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 484.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 522-523.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 538-539.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 439-440.
- [S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 1.
- [S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 537-538.
- [S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 152.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p735.htm#i22067
- Sir Henry Neville1
- M, #16632, d. 26 July 1469
- Last Edited=18 Sep 2013
- Consanguinity Index=0.23%
- Sir Henry Neville was the son of George Neville, 1st Lord Latymer and Lady Elizabeth Beauchamp.1 He married Joanna Bourchier, daughter of Sir John Bourchier, 1st Lord Berners and Marjorie Berners.1 He died on 26 July 1469 at Edgcote, Oxfordshire, England, slain in the War of the Roses.1
- He fought in the Battle of Edgcote on 26 July 1469.1
- Children of Sir Henry Neville and Joanna Bourchier
- Thomas Neville1 d. a 1540
- Joane Neville1
- Richard Neville, 2nd Lord Latymer+ b. 1468, d. Dec 1530
- [S37] BP2003 volume 2, page 2246. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S37]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p1664.htm#i16632
- Henry NEVILLE (Sir Knight)
- Born: ABT 1437, Latimer, Buckinghamshire, England
- Died: 26 Jul 1469, Battle of Edgecote, Bandury, Oxfordshire, England
- Father: George NEVILLE (1º B. Latimer)
- Mother: Elizabeth BEAUCHAMP
- Married: Joan BOURCHIER ABT 1462/63, Mathon, Worcestershire, England / Halstead, Essex, England
- 1. Joan NEVILLE
- 2. Richard NEVILLE (2° B. Latimer)
- 3. Thomas NEVILLE (Esq.)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/NEVILLE3.htm#Henry NEVILLE (Sir Knight)1
- Sir Henry Neville
- Birth: 1437 Buckinghamshire, England
- Death: Jul. 26, 1469 Northamptonshire, England
- Son and heir to Sir George de Neville and Elizabeth Beauchamp. Grandson of Sir Ralph de Neville and Joan de Beaufort, daughter of John of Gaunt, Sir Richard Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick, and Elizabeth de Berkeley.
- Husband of Joan Bourgchier, daughter of Sir John Bourgchier and Margery Berners, married about 1467. They had two sons and one daughter:
- Sir Richard, Lord Latimer, married Anne Stafford
- Thomas, Esq, married Anne Westerdale, Anne Greville and Lettice Harcourt
- Joan, wife of Sir James Radcliffe
- Henry was slain at the Battle of Edgecote near Banbury, and buried in the Beauchamp Chapel at Warwick with his mother. His widow would die 07 Oct 1470, leaving a will that was dated 02 Oct and proved 16 Oct 1470.
- Family links:
- George Neville, Lord Latimer (1407 - 1469)
- Elizabeth Beauchamp Wake (1417 - 1480)
- Joan Bourchier Neville (1441 - 1470)*
- Richard Neville (1468 - 1530)*
- Burial: St Mary Churchyard, Warwick, Warwick District, Warwickshire, England
- Find A Grave Memorial# 73579966
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=73579966
- George Neville, 1st Baron Latimer or (Latymer) (c. 1407 – 30 December 1469) was an English peer.
- George Neville was the fifth son of Ralph de Neville, 1st Earl of Westmorland, by his second wife Lady Joan Beaufort, daughter of John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster. He succeeded to the Latymer estates on the death of his half-uncle John Neville, 6th Baron Latimer, in 1430 (see Baron Latimer), and on 25 February 1432 he was summoned to Parliament as Baron Latimer.
- Lord Latimer later fought in Scotland in 1436, was a Justice of the Peace for Cumberland in 1437 and admitted to the Privy Council in 1439.
- In 1437, Lord Latimer married Lady Elizabeth (1417–1480), daughter of Richard de Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick, by his first wife, Elizabeth Berkeley. They had four children:
- Katherine Neville, who died childless.
- Sir Henry Neville (d. 26 July 1469), who married Joan Bourchier, daughter of John Bourchier, 1st Baron Berners, and Marjorie Berners, and had:
- Joan Neville, born ca 1464, Latimer, Buckinghamshire, England; she married Sir James Ratclyffe.
- Richard Neville, 2nd Baron Latimer (Latimer, Buckinghamshire / Sinnington, North Riding of Yorkshire, ca. 1468 – Snape, North Yorkshire, December 1530, bur. Well, North Yorkshire), married in Grafton, Worcestershire, in 1490 to Anne Stafford (Grafton, Worcestershire, ca. 1471 – aft. 1513, bur. Well, North Yorkshire), daughter of Sir Humphrey Stafford of Grafton (Grafton, Worcestershire, ca. 1427 – executed by order of King Henry VII for siding with Richard III, Tyburn, 8 July 1486) and Catherine Fray (1437–1482), and had issue which included John Nevill, 3rd Baron Latimer.
- Thomas Neville (1468–1546) (Esq.), born in Shenstone, Staffordshire, England. He was Lord of Mathom; married Letitia Harcourt (1494–1520), daughter of Sir Robert Harcourt of Stanton Harcourt and Agnes Lymbrake and had issue.
- Thomas Neville, of Shenstone, Staffordshire.
- Jane Neville, who married Oliver Dudley.
- George Neville appears to have suffered from some form of dementia in his later years, as he was described as an "idiot," and the guardianship of his lands was given to his nephew, Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick, the Kingmaker. George Neville, Lord Latimer, died on 30 December 1469 and was succeeded in the barony by his grandson Richard, his eldest son Sir Henry Neville having predeceased him by several months, dying at the Battle of Edgecote Moor, 26 July 1469.
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Neville,_1st_Baron_Latimer
- John Bourchier, 1st Baron Berners, KG (died May 1474) was an English peer.
- Bourchier was the fourth son of William Bourchier, 1st Count of Eu, and his wife Anne of Woodstock, Countess of Buckingham, daughter of Thomas of Woodstock, 1st Duke of Gloucester. Henry Bourchier, 1st Earl of Essex, and William Bourchier, 9th Baron FitzWarin jure uxoris, were his elder brothers. He was knighted in 1426 and in 1455 he was summoned to the House of Lords as John Bourchier de Berners, which created the title of Baron Berners. In 1459 he was further honoured when he was made a Knight of the Garter. He also served as Constable of Windsor Castle from 1461 to 1474.
- Lord Berners married Margery, daughter of Sir Richard Berners. He died in May 1474 and was succeeded in the barony by his grandson John Bourchier, 2nd Baron Berners, his son Sir Humphrey Bourchier having been killed at the Battle of Barnet in 1471. Margery, Lady Berners, died in 1475. His daughter Joan Bourchier married Sir Henry Neville (d. 26 July 1469), son of George Neville, 1st Baron Latimer and Elizabeth Beauchamp, and had issue which included Richard Neville, 2nd Baron Latimer, father of John Nevill, 3rd Baron Latimer.
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bourchier,_1st_Baron_Berners
Sir Henry Neville of Latimer's Timeline
Latimer, Buckinghamshire, England
Latimer, Buckinghamshire, England
Shenstone, Staffordshire, England
Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, England, UK
July 26, 1469
Edgecote, Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
November 26, 1932
December 22, 1932
June 13, 1953
Beauchamp Chapel, St. Mary's, Warwickshire, England