John Jr. Collamore, Sir
|Nicknames:||"John Collamore", "John Callmore"|
|Birthplace:||Of Puckwell Or Kingston, Devonshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Braunton, Devon, England|
|Place of Burial:||Braunton, Devonshire, England|
Son of Peter Collamore and Isabel Cushe
|Managed by:||Jonathan William Shea|
About John Jr. Collamore, Sir
- Ancestral roots of certain American colonists who came to America before ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, Walter Lee Sheppard, William
- 37. THOMAS HEXT, yngr. s., b. say 1475-80, of Pickwell in psh. of Georgeham at death, escheater of Devon 1525, bur. 1 Dec. 1555, Georgeham, co. Devon; m. say 1510 as 2nd husb., Wilmot Poyntz, b. by 1487, d. 15 Apr. 1558, dau. & coh. of William Poyntz, liv. 1486, deat 1515, son of HUMPHREY POYNTZ (234A-36), d. 1467, of Iron Acton, Gloucester & Womberlegh, East Ansty & Langley, co. Devon, escheator of Devon 1460, by Elizabeth Pollard, dau. & h. of Richard Pollard. (Vivian, Visit. of Devon, p. 184; Cal. Fine Rolls, Henry VII, XXII:69, 84; Abstract of Inq.p.m. for Wilmot (Poyntz) Hyllinge Hext (Year: 1560 and 1561/2) on file Devon Record Office, Exeter, Devon; Psh. Recs. of Georgeham, co. Devon; Chancery Proceedings, C3/91/77, Edward Hext, Pl. vs. Hugh Hext, Def. reg. lands held by Thomas and Wilmot Hext; Early Chancery Procs. III (Lists & Indexes XX, Pub. Rec. Off., London), p. 256, suit involving Wilmot Poyntz inheritance; F.T. Colby, ed., Visit. of Somerset (1623), (Harl. Soc. Publ. XI) 49-50; List of Escheators for England and Wales (List and Index Society), 72; 36, 38; Cal. Patent Rolls, Elizabeth I, III: 302).
- 38. MARGERY HEXT, b say 1510, bur. 22 Aug. 1551, Braunton, co. Devon; m. say 1532, John Collamore, b. say 1500, bur. 17 Apr. 1555, of Luscott, psh. of Braunton, co. Devon, son of Peter Collamore and Isabel Cushe. (Vivian, Visit. of Devon, pp. 216-217 re: Collamore, p. 484 for Hext (Vivian errors in Hext pedigree placing Margery Hext in wrong generation); Harlein MS 1163, fol. 190 identifies John Collamore's wife as dau.of ... Hext of Pickwell in the parish of Georgeham, Devon; Parish Records of Braunton, Devon).
- Pg. 229
- 39. HENRY COLLAMORE, 2nd s., event. h., chr. 12 Jan. 1541/2, Braunton, co. Devon, bur. 15 June 1625, Bishop's Tawton, co. Devon; m. by 1563, Margaret Blight, b. say 1545, bur. 27 Nov. 1626, Bishop's Tawton, co. Devon. (Parish Records of Braunton, Devon and Bishop's Tawton, Devon; Vivian, Visit. of Devon, pp. 216-217).
- John Collamore1,2
- M, #73555, b. circa 1510
- Father Peter Collamore1,2 b. c 1474
- Mother Isabel Cushe1,2 b. c 1475
- John Collamore was born circa 1510 at of Luscott, Braunton, Devonshire, England. He married Margery Hext, daughter of Thomas Hext, Esq., Escheater of Devon and Wilmot Poyntz, circa 1532 at of Braunton, Devonshire, England; They had 7 sons (John, Peter, Richard, Henry, William, Hugh, & Robert) and 4 daughters (Wilmot, wife of Philip Sweet; Petronell, wife of William Perrin; Margaret, wife of William Roger; & Alice, wife of Richard Symons).1,2 John Collamore was buried on 17 April 1555 at Braunton, Devonshire, England.1,2
- Family Margery Hext b. c 1511
- Wilmot Collamore+ b. c 1533
- Henry Collamore+1,2 b. 12 Jan 1542
- 1.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 364.
- 2.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 232-233.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2448.htm#i73555
Notes for SIR-JOHN COLLAMORE:
Agnes Harris, christened 6 April 1604, Barnstaple, Devonshire, England, living 1680, Hartford, Connecticut. She married first about 1634, probably at Cambridge Massachusetts, William Spencer, christened 11 October 1601, Stotfold, Bedfordshire, England, died 1640 Hartford, Connecticut, Deputy to Massachusetts general Court, 1634 through 1637, and representative to Connecticut General Court, 1639 to 1640. He was son of Gerard Spencer and Alice Whitbread. Agnes married second 11 December 1645, Hartford, Connecticut, William Edwards, christened 1 November 1618, St. Botolph's without Aldgate, Middlesex, England, living 1680, Hartford, Connecticut, son of Rev. Richard Edwards, B.A., by his wife Anne, daughter of Mrs. Julian Munter. Agnes' identity is proven by the wills of her mother Elizabeth Harris, 1649, her sister Priscilla Harris 1651, and her brother Richard Harris 1665, all of which mention her. Agnes was daughter of Elizabeth Collamore, christened 2 September 1566, Bishop's Tawton, Devonshire, England, buried 7 December 1647, Barnstaple, Devonshire, England; married 18 January 1586/7, Braunton, Devonshire, to Bartholemew Harris, yoeman, Mayor of Barnstaple, Devonshire 1602, born about 1560, buried 10 October 1615, Barnstaple, Devonshire. Bartholemew's parentage has not been establsihed but he was probably related in some manner to john Harris, Mayor of Barnstaple 1578 and 1596 whose will dated 1600, (died probably 1602), names Bartholemew Harris as a co-executor of John Harris' estate.
Elizabeth was daughter of Henry Collamore, a second son but eventually heir, christened 12 January 1541/2, Braunton, Devonshire, England, buried 15 June 1625, Bishop's Tawton, Devonshire; married by 1563, place unknown, Margaret Blight, born about 1545, buried 27 November 1626, Bishop's Tawton, Devonshire.
Henry was son of Margery Hext, born about 1510, buried 22 August 1551, Brauton, Devonshire; married about 1532 John Collamore, born about 1500, buried 17 April 1555, being of Luscott, in the parish of Braunton, Devonshire, son of Peter Collamore and Isabel Cushe. The Collamore family arms were, Gules, three crescents between nine billets ore.
Margery was daughter of Thomas Hext, a younger son, born about 1475 to 1480, buried 1 December 1555, Georgeham, Devonshire, residing at Pickwell in the parish of Georgeham at his death. He was Escheator of Devonshire 1525. He married about 1510 Wilmot Poyntz, the widow Hyllinge, born by 1487, died 15 April 1558. She was a daughter of Humphrey Poyntz, died 1487, of Iron Acton, Gloucestershire and Womberlegh and Langley, Devonshire, by his wife Elizabeth Pollard, daughter and sole heir of Richard Pollard. Humphrey was Escheator of Devonshire 1460. The Poyntz family can be traced directly back to Sir Hugh Poyntz, died 1220, whose wife Hawise was a daughter of William Malet, a Magna Charta baron. The Poyntz family arms were Barry of eight ore and gules.
Thomas was son of Joane Fortescue, born about 1450, living in 1524, but dead by 1525, Staverton, Devonshire; married about 1470 to 1475, Thomas Hext, gentleman of Kingston in the parish of Stacerton, Devonshire, died shortly before 8 may 1497, when a writ for an Inquistion post mortem on his estate was issued to the escheator of Devon. He is referred to as being deceased in the Inq.p.m. taken on his mother-in-law, Joan Fortescue's estate in 1501. The Hext family arms were Ore, a tower (castle) with three battlements port open between 3 battle axes Sable.
Joane was daughter of John Fortescue, heir to his parents, born about 1420, died 11 March 1480/81, Inquisition post mortem taken 4 November 1481. He was Lord of Whympston, Devonshire. He married by 1450, Joan Prutteston, daughter and sole heir of John Prutteston of Prutteston (or Preston) in the parish Ermington, Devonshire. Joan is mentioned in the Inq.p.m. taken on her father's lands dated 1468. She died 23 May 1501, Inq.p.m. taken 26 October 1501. The Fortescue family later quartered the Prutteston arms, they being, Ore on a bend azure, 3 crosses patty fitchy argent. John Fortescue is sometimes confused with his first cousin, Sir John Fortescue, the emeinent lawyer who became lord chief justice in England.
John was son of William Fortescue, heir to his parents, born about 1385; married by 1410 Matilda Falwell, alias Mabilla, daughter and heir of John Falwell or Fawell. Both were mentioned in the license for an oratory granted in 1410 by Bishop Stafford to William's father mentioned below. The Fortescue family later quartered the Falwell arms, they being Gules, on a bend argent, 3 water bougets sable.
William was son of Elizabeth Beauchamp, daughter and eventual co-heir, born by 1349, living 1410, Whympston in parish of Modbury, Devonshire. She married first Richard, son of Adam de Branscombe. By 1394, and probably much earlier, she had married second William Fortescue, Lord of Whympston, Devonshire. He was born about 1345, living in 1410, son of William Fortescue, Lord of Whympston, Devonshire, by his wife Alice Strechlegh, daughter of Walter de Strechlegh. In 1401, William and Elizabeth sued her sister, Joan's husband, Sir Robert Challons, regarding tenements in Oulescombe and Buckerell, Devonshire which had been possessed by Elizabeth's brother, Sir Thomas Beauchamp. In 1410, license for oratory was granted by Bishop Stafford to William Sr., and Elizabeth, his wife, and also William Jr., and Matilda, his wife, for the mansion of the said William Sr. at Whympston. The arms of Fortescue were Azure, a bend engrailed Argent, cotised Ore.
Elizabeth was daughter of Sir John Beauchamp, Knight and heir, born about 1315, died 8 April 1349, Lord of Ryme, Dorsetshire and of Oburnford, Oulescombe, Teignhervy and Buckerell, Devonshire. He married first about 1340 Margaret Whalesburgh, daughter of John Whalesburgh. She married secondly by 23 October 1353 Richard de Branscombe, Sheriff of Devonshire in 1358, 1366 and 1374. The arms of the Whalesburghs were Argent, three bendlets, gules, a bordure sable charged with 8 besants.
John was son of Sir John Beauchamp, Knight, born about 1285, living 1337, and presumed dead by 1346, Lord of Ryme, Dorset and of Oburnford, Oulescombe, Teignherby and Buckerell, Devonshire. He married first by 1311/1312 Joan, maiden name unknown. He also apparently married by 1344 Alice de Nonant, daughter and coheir of Sir Roger de Nonant, Lord of Cliston or Brode Clist, Devonshire. Alice is generally accepted a sthe mother of the preceding John Beauchamp, born about 1315.
John was the son of:
Sir Humphrey de Beauchamp = Sybil Oliver Alice de Mohun = Robert de Beauchamp Hawise FitzGeoffrey = Sir Reynold de Mohun Aveline de Clare = Geoffrey FitzPiers Roger de Clare, 2nd Earl of Hertford = Maud de St. Hilaire Richard de Clare = Adeliza des Meschines Adeliza de Clermont = Gilbert de Clare Margaret de Montdidier = Hugh I, Count de Clermont Alice of Roucy = Hildouin IV, Count de Montdidier Beatrix de Hainault = Ebles I, Count de Roucy Edith of France = Rainier IV, Count of Hainault Hugh Capet, King of France, died 996A.D. = Adelaide of Poitou Child of MARGERY HEXT and SIR-JOHN COLLAMORE is: 63. i. PETER29 CALLAMORE, b. 1545; d. 1611
Children of John Collamore and Margery Hext are:
i. Hugh Collamore ii. John Collamore iii. Margaret Collamore, married William Roger. iv. Petronell Collamore, married William Perrin. v. Robert Collamore vi. William Collamore vii. Wilmot Collamore, married Philip Sweet. viii. Richard Collamore, born 1538 in Braunton, Devonshire, England. More About Richard Collamore:
Christening: 04 Mar 1538, Braunton, Devonshire, England
ix. Elizabeth Collamore, born 1540 in Braunton, Devonshire, England; died 1599. x. Henry Collamore, born 12 Jan 1542 in Braunton, Devonshire, England; died 15 Jun 1625 in Bishops Tawton, Devonshire, England; married Margaret Blight 05 Sep 1563 in Bishops Tawton, Devon, England; born 1545 in Bishops Tawton, Devonshire, England; died 27 Nov 1627 in Bishops Tawton, Devonshire, England. xi. Alice Collamore, born 1547 in Braunton, Devonshire, England; died 15 Jun 1625 in Bishops Tawton, DevonShire, England; married Richard Symons; born 1545 in Braunton, Devonshire, England. 8448 xii. Peter Collamore, born 1550 in Braunton, Devonshire, England; died 1605 in Northam, Devonshire, England; married Edith Unknown Nov 1565 in Northam, Devonshire, England.
Sir John Jr. Collamore's Timeline
Of Puckwell Or Kingston, Devonshire, England
Stotfold, Central Bedfordshire
Braunton, Devon, , England
January 11, 1541
Braunton, Devonshire, England
co, Devon, , England
Devonshire, England, UK