John Spencer, Sr.
|Birthplace:||South Mylles, Bedfordshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Edworth, Bedfordshire, England|
|Place of Burial:||Eng, Uk|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir John de Spencer
About John Spencer, Sr.
- The visitations of Bedfordshire, annis domini 1566, 1582, and 1634, made by William Harvey, Robert Cooke, and George Owen as deputy for Richard St. George : together with additional pedigrees, chiefly from Harleian ms. 1531; and an appendix con
- Spencer [of Cople]. - CHART
- Robert Spencer of Southmylles in com. Bedf. gen. = Anne daughter and heire of . . . . Pecke of Couple in com Bedf. gen.; ch: John (m. Anne Arnoldes), Alice (m. Thom's Dyckons), Johane (m. _ Battell) Spencer.
- John Spencer of Petenham in com. [Bedf.] gen. sonne and heire. = Anne daughter and heire of . . . . Arnoldes of St Needes in com. Hunt gen.; ch: Thomas (m. Anne Bowlkeley), Elizabeth (m. John Slade), Rose (m. John Colbecke) Spencer.
- Thomas Spencer of Couple in com. Bedf. sonne and heire. = Anne daughter of Robert Bowlkeley of Burgate in com. South ar.; ch: Robert, William, Elizabeth (m. Robert Parrys), Anne Spencer.
JOHN SPENCER (I) was born in 1477 in South Mylles, Bedfordshire, England. He died on 4 Feb 1532 in South Mylles, Bedfordshire, England. JOHN SPENCER (I) and Christian BAKER were married before 1495 in South Mylles, Bedfordshire, England. Christian BAKER was born about 1474 in Cope, Bedfordshire, England. She died after 1532 in Rarvenham, England.
The Baronage Press online Chapter I - Ancestor Hunting The Spencers and the Despencers In 1504, John Spencer, an innovative and entrepreneurial yeoman, considered himself sufficiently successful to justify petitioning for a grant of arms. He was awarded Azure a fess Ermine between 6 seamews 'heads erased Argent and clout thenceforward be accounted a gentleman. He was subsequently knighted by Henry VIII.
- John Spencer1
- M, #208107
- Last Edited=16 Dec 2006
- John Spencer is the son of Robert Spencer and Anna Peake.1 He married Christian Ethelreda Baker, daughter of Bruce Baker.1
- Child of John Spencer and Christian Ethelreda Baker
- 1.Elizabeth Spencer+1 b. 1512
- From: http://thepeerage.com/p20811.htm#i208107
- John Spencer
- M, #26301, b. circa 1482, d. before 5 February 1532
- Father Robert Spencer b. 1461
- Mother Anna Peake b. c 1464
- John Spencer was born circa 1482 at Pavenham, Bedfordshire, England. He married Ann Gerrard, daughter of Michael Gerrard, circa 1502 at of Edworth, Bedfordshire, England. John Spencer died before 5 February 1532 at Pavenham, Bedfordshire, England.
- Family Ann Gerrard b. c 1480
- John Spencer+ b. 1505, d. 9 Jun 1558
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p876.htm#i26301
- John Spencer
- M, #95300, b. circa 1505, d. before 5 February 1532
- Father Robert Spencer b. c 1484 (ROBERT IS SON OF ANNA PEAKE & ROBERT SPENCER)
- John Spencer was born circa 1505 at of St. Albans, Southmylles, Bedfordshire, England. He married Christian Etheldreda Baker circa 1526. John Spencer died before 5 February 1532 at of St. Albans, Southmylles, Bedfordshire, England.
- Family Christian Etheldreda Baker b. c 1505
- Elizabeth Spencer+ b. c 1530
- The visitations of Hertfordshire, made by Robert Cooke, esq.,Clarencieux, in 1572, and Sir Richard St. George, kt., Clarencieux, in 1634 with Hertfordshire pedigrees from Harleian mss. 6147 and 1546. Ed. by Walter C. Metcalfe (1886)
- Pg. 22
- Spencer of St. Alban's - CHART
- John Spencer of Southmylls, 14 Ed. 4. = ch: Robert Spencer.
- Robert Spencer. = John (m. Christian Baker) Spencer
- John Spencer of Southmylls, co. Bedford. = Christian, da. of . . . . Baker.; ch: William (m. Isabella Osborne), Robert (m. Frances Foster), John, Robert (m. _ Smythe) Spencer.
- Robert Spencer of St. Alban's = Frances, da. of John Foster of Branfield, co. Hertf.; = John, Anne Spencer.
Sir John de Spencer's Timeline
South Mylles, Bedfordshire, England
South Mills, Bedfordshire, England
May 20, 1514
Patenham, Bedfordshire, England
February 5, 1532
Edworth, Bedfordshire, England
June 8, 1558
November 23, 1935
March 23, 1937
October 25, 1945
November 5, 1948