Matching family tree profiles for Morgan "the Rebel" ap Maredudd, Sir
About Morgan "the Rebel" ap Maredudd, Sir
- Sir Morgan ap Maredudd1,2
- M, #23503, b. circa 1250
- Father Maredudd ap Griffith, Lord of Tsanymddyfry Castle2 b. c 1210, d. 1280
- Mother Gwenllian ferch Hywel2 b. c 1210
- Sir Morgan ap Maredudd Descended from the Welsh lords of Caerleon. He was born circa 1250 at of Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales, England.2 He married Crisli ferch Dafydd, daughter of Dafydd ap Meurig "Gam", circa 1297 at England.2
- Family Crisli ferch Dafydd b. c 1275
- Angharad fil Morgan ap Meredith+ b. c 1298
- 1.[S4065] Unknown author, Wallop Family, p. 566.
- 2.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p783.htm#i23503
- Sir Morgan ap Meredyth1
- M, #471580
- Last Edited=10 Jun 2011
- Child of Sir Morgan ap Meredyth
- 1.Angharad Meredyth+1
- 1.[S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 270. Hereinafter cited as The New Extinct Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p47158.htm#i471580
- Llywelyn Ap IFOR
- Born: ABT 1282, St. Clears, Peuliniog, Carmarthenshire, Wales
- Father: Ifor Ap LLEWELYN
- Mother: Tangwystl Verch RHYS
- Married: Angharad Verch MORGAN (b. ABT 1304) (dau. of Sir Morgan Ap Maredudd and Crisli Verch Daffyd) (m.2 Daffyd Ap Llywelyn)
- Children: ....
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/MORGAN.htm#Llywelyn Ap IFOR1
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the extinct and dormant baronetcies ... By John Burke, John Bernard Burke (sir.)
- LLEWELLIN AP IVOR, lord of St. Clere, lineally descended from Kidivor Vawr, lord of Kilsaint, married Angharad, daughter and heir of Sir Morgan Meredith, knt. lord of Tredegar, and was father of
- MORGAN AP LLEWELLIN, lord of St. Clere and Tredegar, who m. Maud, daughter of Rhys ap Gronwy, lord of Kybor, and had two sons, viz.
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the landed gentry ; or, Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank : but uninvested with heritable honours (1837) Vol. 1
- LEWELLEN, Lord of St. Clare and Gwynvaye, in the county of Carmarthen, who m. Angharad, daughter and co-heir of Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar, descended from RHYS, King of South Wales, and had two sons, viz.
- MORGAN, Lord of St. Clare and Tredegar, from whom derived the Morgans of Tredegar.
- PHILIP LLEWELIN AP IVOR, who bore for his armorial ensigns, arg. a lion rampant gardant crowned ppr.(f) He m. Neste, daughter and heiress of Gwilim Sayes ap Madog ap Howell Velyn, and his great-great-great-great grandson,
- A genealogical and heraldic dictionary of the peerage and baronetage of the British Empire (1869)
- LLEWELLYN AP IVOR, lineally descended from Cadivor Vawr, Lord of Kilsaint, m. Angharad, dau. and co-heir fo Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar (descended from Rhys, Prince of South Wales), and thus acquired the Tredegar estates. Llewellin was father of three sons, viz,
MORGAN, his heir. Ivor, of Werncleppa, or Gwerney Cleppa, near Tredegar, ancestor of the MORGANS of Werncleppa, whose last male heir, Roger Morgan, Esq., d. in 1632, when his estate passed to the Tredegar family. Philip, whose son, DAVID AP PHILIP AP LLEWELLIN, seated at St. Pierrer, in the county of Monmouth, was ancestor of the family of LEWIS of St. Pierre. (See BURKE'S Landed Gentry.) _____________________________________________
- A history of the family of Morgan, from the year 1089 to present times ([1902?])
- VIII. LLEWELYN ap IVOR of Tredegar, Lord of St Clear, married Angharad, daughter of Sir Morgan ap Meredith, from the Welsh Lords of Caerleon, ap Griffith ap Meredith ap Rhys, who bore "Argent a lion rampant sable." Sir Morgan died 1332, when Angharad was aged 32. They had : 1. Morgan. 2. Ivor Hael, whence MORGAN OF GWERN-Y-CLEPPA. 3. Philip, whence LEWIS OF ST. PIERRE.
- IX. MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, married Maud, daugter of Rhun ap Grono ap Llwarch, Lord of Cibwr. He died before 1384. Issue: 1. Llewelyn. 2. Philip, whence MORGAN OF LANGSTONE. 3. John, father of Gwenllian, married David Goch ap David, 4. Christian, married Jevan ap Jenkin Kemeys. 5. Ann, married David Gwilim David of Rhiwperra. 6. Margaret, married Traherne ap Meyric of Merthyr. 7. A daughter, married Thomas ap Gwillim of Carnllwyd. 8. Elenor, married Grono ap Howel Bennet.
- SEEMS TO BE MISSING GENERATIONS BETWEEN IVOR AP BLEDERY & MORGAN AP LLEWELIN WHO IS ALSO LISTED AS HUSBAND OF HIS FATHER'S WIFE ANGHARAND BY OTHER REFERENCES, POSSIBLY OTHER ERRORS
- The History of Monmouthshire By David Williams
- SIR EDWARD MORGAN of Lantarnam, Com. Mon. Baronet. Kydovor Vawr Lord of Kylfant, one of the peers of Wales, of the royal blood of the Britains, paternally defcended from Bely, King of Britain.
- Kydovor Vawr, Lord of Kylfant. = Elen, daughter and heirefs to Llewelen. on of the peers of Wales.
- Bledry, Lord Kalfant. = Clydwen, daughter and heirefs to Griffith ap Hydrych, Lord of Gwenvay.
- Ivor ap Bledery de eodem. = Tangluft, daugher and heirefs to Howel, faid Lord of St. Clere.
- Morgan Llewellin, Lord of St. Clere, and Tredegar. = Angharand, daughter and heirefs of Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar, Knight.
- Philip Morgan of Lanfton, Com. Mon. Efq. a 2nd brother = Daughter and heirefs of Sir John Norris of Langfton, Knight.
- Jenkin Philip of Langfton, Efq. = Cicely, daughter to Sir John Welfh, Knight.
- Morgan Jenkin of Langfton, Efq. = Elizabeth, daughter to Roger Vaughan, Efq.
Morgan "the Rebel" ap Maredudd, Sir's Timeline
Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales
Cyfoeth Meredydd lordship, Rhisga, Monmouthshire, Wales
January 21, 1967
January 21, 1967
February 22, 1967
February 22, 1967