|Birthplace:||Stafford, Staffordshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Drayton, Staffordshire, England|
|Occupation:||2nd Baron Bassett of Drayton, MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT, Member of Parliment, 1st Lord of Drayton, Lord|
|Managed by:||Bianca May Evelyn Brennan|
Matching family tree profiles for Sir Ralph V Bassett, 1st Lord Bassett of Drayton
About Ralph Bassett, 1st Lord Basset of Drayton
- Ralph Basset, 1st Lord Basset of Drayton1
- M, #116972, b. before 1265, d. 31 December 1299
- Last Edited=17 Jun 2007
- Consanguinity Index=0.01%
- Ralph Basset, 1st Lord Basset of Drayton was born before 1265.1 He was the son of Sir Ralph Basset and Margaret de Somery.1 He married Hawise (?).1 He died on 31 December 1299.1
- He fought in the French and Scottish wars.1 He was created 1st Lord Basset of Drayton [England by writ] on 23 June 1295.1
- Children of Ralph Basset, 1st Lord Basset of Drayton and Hawise (?)
- 1.Margaret Basset+2
- 2.Maud Basset3
- 3.Sir Ralph Basset, 2nd Lord Basset of Drayton+1 b. a 1278, d. 25 Feb 1342/43
- 1.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 2. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2.[S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 3.
- 3.[S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 4.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p11698.htm#i116972
- Ralph Basset, 1st Lord Basset of Drayton1,2,3,4,5
- M, #11039, d. 31 December 1299
- Father Ralph Basset, Baron Basset of Drayton6 d. 4 Aug 1265
- Mother Margaret de Somery6 d. a 18 Jun 1293
- Ralph Basset, 1st Lord Basset of Drayton married Hawise; They had 2 sons (Sir Ralph, 2nd Lord Basset of Drayton; & John) & 1 daughter Margaret (Margery), wife of Edmund de Stafford, & of Sir Thomas de Pype).5 Ralph Basset, 1st Lord Basset of Drayton died on 31 December 1299 at Drayton, Staffordshire, England; Buried at Drayton, Staffordshire.5
- Family Hawise d. c 20 Mar 1317
- Margaret (Margery) Basset+7,2,3,4,5 d. 17 Mar 1337
- Sir Ralph Basset, 2nd Lord Basset of Drayton, Steward of the Duchy of Aquitaine, Constable of Dover Castle, Seneschal of Gascony+5 b. c 1280, d. 25 Feb 1343
- 1.[S2840] Unknown author, The Complete Peerage, by Cokayne, Vol. II, p. 2; Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, 4th Ed., by F. L. Weis, p. 148.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 18.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 72.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 132-133.
- 5.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 6.
- 6.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 5-6.
- 7.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 122.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p368.htm#i11039
- Hawise De GREY
- Born: ABT 1251
- Father: John De GREY (Sir Sheriff of Buckingham & Bedford)
- Mother: Joan De PEVERE
- Married: Ralph BASSET (Sir Knight)
- 1. Margaret BASSET (C. Hereford)
- 2. Ralph BASSET (B. Bassett)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/GREY2.htm#Hawise De GREY1
- Sir Ralph Basset the 1st Lord Basset of Drayton (born before 1265 - 31 December 1299) was an English nobleman of the 13th century who fought in both the Anglo-French War and in the First War of Scottish Independence. He was the son of Ralph Basset and Margaret de Somery. In 1291, he was granted the governorship of Edinburgh Castle. He was created 1st Lord Basset of Drayton in 1295.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Basset,_1st_Lord_Basset_of_Drayton
Ralph Bassett [Parents] was born about 1242 in Stafford, Staffordshire, England. He died on 31 Dec 1299. He married Hawise (Hesewise) De Grey about 1261 in Drayton, Staffordshire, England.
Hawise (Hesewise) De Grey [Parents] was born about 1239 in Drayton, Staffordshire, England. She married Ralph Bassett about 1261 in Drayton, Staffordshire, England.
They had the following children:
- F i Margaret Bassett
Baron Ralph Basset, second Baron
Parents: Baron Ralph Basset m Margaret de Someri
Spouse: Joan Gray, dtr of John Gray
Child: Margaret Basset m Lord Edmond de Stafford
Shurtleff Genealogy pub 1917, Vol 1 pg 149
Sir Ralph V Bassett, 1st Lord Bassett of Drayton's Timeline
Stafford, Staffordshire, England
Of Weldon, Northamptonshire, England
Bassett, Gloucestershire, England
Drayton, Staffordshire, England
Drayton Basset, Staffordshire, , England
Draton Basset, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Drayton Bassett, Staffordshire, , England
December 31, 1299
Drayton, Staffordshire, England