About Sir Walter de Hesarlton
- Sir Walter Heselarton1
- M, #44811, b. circa 1328
- Father Walter de Heselarton b. c 1305
- Mother Eustachie de Percy b. c 1307
- Sir Walter Heselarton was born circa 1328. He married Euphemia de Neville, daughter of Sir Ralph de Neville, 2nd Baron Nevill of Raby, Sheriff of Hutton, Snape, Sutton in the Forest, & Wells and Alice de Audley, after 1383.1
- Family Euphemia de Neville b. c 1334, d. Oct 1393
- [S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. III, p. 292.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1491.htm#i44811
- Sir Walter de Heselarton1
- M, #883
- Last Edited=9 Apr 2007
- Sir Walter de Heselarton married Eupheme de Neville, daughter of Ralph de Neville, 2nd Lord Neville and Alice Audley, after 1347.1
- [S8] BP1999 volume 1, page 14. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S8]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p89.htm#i883
- Euphemia NEVILLE (B. Lucy)
- Born: ABT 1316, Cockermouth, Cumberland, England
- Died: Oct 1393
- Father: Ralph NEVILLE (2° B. Neville of Raby)
- Mother: Alice AUDLEY (B. Neville of Raby)
- Married 1: Robert CLIFFORD (4° B. Clifford) Apr 1343, Raby, Durham, England
- Married 2: Reynold LUCY (B. Lucy) (b. 1324) (son of Thomas De Lucy and Margaret Multon) 1346, Cockermouth, Cumberland, England
- Married 3: Walter HESELARTON (b. 1326) (son of Walter Heselarton and Eustace Percy) ABT 1347
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/NEVILLE1.htm#Euphemia NEVILLE (B. Lucy)
- RANDOLPH Neville, son of ROBERT Neville & his wife Mary FitzRandolph of Middleham (-18 Apr 1331, bur Coverham). A manuscript relating to Coverham Abbey, Yorkshire names “Ranulphum…de Nevile primogenitum” as the eldest of the three sons of “Roberti de Novavilla junioris” and his wife. A mid-15th century manuscript names "Ranulfum, Robertum de Neuille, Radulfum clericum, Margaretam uxorem Gilberti Wa---ton, Johannam, Anastasiam, Henricum, Ranulfum" as the children of "Mariam uxorem Roberti domini de Neuille et de Raby". Lord Neville of Raby 1305.
- m firstly EUPHEME, daughter of ROBERT FitzRoger Lord FitzRoger & his wife ---.
- m secondly MARGERY, daughter of JOHN de Thweng & his wife ---.
- Lord Randolph & his first wife had twelve children:
- 1. .... etc.
- 3. RALPH ([before 1291]-5 Aug 1368, bur Durham). A mid-15th century manuscript names "Robertum Neuille primogenitum sine prole obiit, Anastasiam, Radulfum, Mariam, Alexandram Neuille de Raskell, Johannem, Johannam, Margaretam, Alesiam, Thomam archidiaconum Dunelmie, Anastasiam secundam, Willelmum" as the children of "Ranulfum de Neville". Lord Neville. m (1327) as her second husband, ALICE de Audley, widow of RALPH de Greystoke Lord Greystoke, daughter of HUGH de Audley & his wife Isolt de Mortimer (-1374). A mid-15th century manuscript records that "Radulfum de Neuille" married "Alesia, filia Hugonis de Audeley". “Michael de la Pole miles, dominus de Wingfeild” founded Kingston-upon-Hull priory, for the souls of “…Radulphi de Nevill patris et Alesiæ matris…Johannis [de Nevill domini de Raby] et Matildæ quondam uxoris eiusdem Johannis”, by charter dated 18 Feb 1378. Lord Ralph & his wife had ten children:
- a) .... etc.
- c) EUPHEMIA (-[Oct/Nov] 1393). A mid-15th century manuscript names "Margaretam, Johannem, Robertum de Neuille militem, Alexandrum archiepiscopum Eboraci, Thomam de Neuille electum de Ely, Willelmum de Neuille militem, Radulfum de Neuille de Condale, Katherinam uxorem domini de Dacre, Alienoram uxorem Galfridi Scrope, Eufemiam de Heslarton" as the children of "Radulfum de Neuille" and his wife "Alesia, filia Hugonis de Audeley". m firstly (1343) ROBERT Clifford Lord Clifford, son of ROBERT de Clifford Lord Clifford & his wife Isabel de Berkeley ([1327/28]-France 1345 before 7 Nov). m secondly (early 1347) REGINALD de Lucy, son of THOMAS Lord Lucy & his wife Margaret de Multon (-[1362/65]). m thirdly WALTER de Heslarton, son of ---.
- d) .... etc.
- From: http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/ENGLISH%20NOBILITY%20MEDIEVAL2.htm#RandolphNevilledied1331B
- Ralph Neville, 2nd Baron Neville de Raby (c.1291 – 5 August 1367) was an English aristocrat, son of Ralph Neville, 1st Baron Neville de Raby and Euphemia de Clavering.[a]
- Neville led the English forces to victory against the Scottish king David II of Scotland at the Battle of Neville's Cross on 17 October 1346.
- He married Alice Audley (b. 1300 d. 1358), daughter of Hugh Audley 1st lord Audley of Stratton Audley & Isolt de Mortimer/Iseult de Mortimer, on 14 Jan 1326 with whom he had thirteen children:
- Euphemia Neville (1316 - October 1363), married firstly Robert Clifford, Baron Clifford, secondly Reynold Lucy, Baron Lucy and thirdly Walter Heselarton
- John Neville, 3rd Baron Neville de Raby (1322/8–17 October 1388), married firstly Maud Percy and secondly Elizabeth Latimer and had issue with both
- Margaret Neville (12 February 1329 - 12 May 1372), married firstly William de Ros, 3rd Baron de Ros, by whom she had no issue, and secondly Henry Percy, 1st Earl of Northumberland, by whom she had issue. She also married Sir Jean William 6th Earl DeRoss with issue.
- Catherine Neville (c.1330 - 1 September 1361), married William Dacre, Baron Dacre of Gillesland
- Sir Ralph Neville (c.1332 - c.1380), married Elizabeth de Ledes
- Robert Neville of Eldon (c.1337), married Clara Pinckney
- William Neville (c.1338 - c.1391), married firstly Elizabeth Le Waleys and secondly Alice de St Philbert
- Eleanor Neville (c.1340), married Geoffrey Scrope
- Alexander Neville (c.1341 - 1392), Archbishop of York
- Elizabeth Neville (c.1343)
- Isabel Neville (c.1344), married Hugh FitzHugh FitzHenry
- Thomas Neville (c.1355)
- Alice Neville
- From: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Neville,_2nd_Baron_Neville_de_Raby
- Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd Edition ...
- RALPH DE NEVILLE, Knt., 2nd Lord Neville of Raby, of Raby, Durham, Middleham, Sheriff Hutton, Snape, Sutton in the Forest, Well, etc., Yorkshire, Barford, Norfolk, Blythburgh, Suffolk, etc., Warden of the Scottish Marches, Justice of the Forest North of the Trent, 2nd but 1st surviving son, born about 1291 (aged 40 in 1331). He married by license dated 14 Jan. 1326/7 ALICE DE AUDLEY, widow of Ralph de Greystoke, Knt. (died 14 July 1323, 1st Lord Greystoke, of Greystoke, Cumberland, and daughter of Hugh de Audley, Knt., Lord Audley, by his wife, Iseult. They had six sons, John, K.G. [3rd Lord Neville of Raby], Robert, Knt., Alexander [Archbishop of York], Thomas [Canon of York and Howden], William, Knt., and Ralph, Knt., and four daughters, Margaret, Katherine (wife of William de Dacre, 2nd Lord Dacre), Eleanor (wife of Geoffrey le Scrope, later Abbess of the Minories in London), and Euphame (wife of Robert de Clifford, Reynold de Lucy, and Walter de Heslarton, Knt.). he fought in Scotland in 1311, 1319, 1334, and 1335. he supported the Kings against Thomas, Earl of Lancaster, and was ordered to joind the King with his forces at Coventry 14 Feb. 1322. They received a papal indult for plenary remission in 1333. In 1333 Ralph and his wife, Alice, received a papal indult to choose a confesser to give them plenary remission at the hour of death. In 1340 he was granted a weekly market and yearly fair at Blythburgh, Suffolk. He commanded the English Army against the Scots at Nevill's Cross 17 Oct. 1346 fought on the outskirts of Durham. For the next twenty years he was constantly employed in Scottish affairs, either as Commissioner to treat for, or preserve peace, or as Warden of the Marches. He presented to the church of Barford, Norfolk in 1355, and to the church of Houghton-on-the-Hill, Norfolk in 1361. SIR RALPH DE NEVILLE, 2nd Lord Neville of Raby, died 5 Aug. 1367. Alice, Lady Neville, died 12 Jan. 1373/4. They were buried at Durham Cathedral, their tomb being utterly defaced in 1651 by Scots prisoners imprisoned in the Cathedral.
- .... etc.
Sir Walter de Hesarlton's Timeline
Of, Cockermouth, Cumberland, England
Of, , , England
December 15, 1994
February 9, 1995