About Stephen Hart
Stephen Hart, Cambridge, 1632; freeman, Massachusetts, May 14, 1634; an original proprietor at Hartford, his home-lot in 1639 was on the west side of the road to the Neck, now Front St., near where Morgan St. crosses it. He removed to Farmington; one of the original members of Farmington church, October 13, 1652, and Deacon; deputy from Farmington, May, 1647 to 1655, and again in 1660; one of the eighty-four proprietors of Farmington in 1672; Married (1) name unknown; (2) Margaret, widow of Joseph Nash, and before him, of Arthur Smith; died March, 1682-3, aged 77; will dated March 16; inventory March 31, £340. 4. His widow survived him, and died March 1, 1693-4.
SOURCE: James Hammond Trumbull, editor, The memorial history of Hartford County, Connecticut, 1633-1884, Volume 1 (Boston, Massachusetts: Edward L. Osgood, 1886), page 242. Retrieved: 3 May 2011 from Google Books