Historical records matching Susan Emeline Miller (Stephens)
About Susan Emeline Miller (Stephens)
Russell Miller (rmille 9601 at AOL) had carried out a rather extensive investigation on "Susan Emeline Miller" in 1999-2002:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 Russell Miller
MILLER, Susan Emeline (Stephens) b. July 11, 1830 in Clairborne Co TN died in Moro, Sherman Co., Oregon. Trying to confirm date of May 31, 1897 or 98. She was married to William M. MILLER. One of several children was Ida May MILLER who married Horace M. STRONG June 6, 1892 in Moro, Sherman Co., OR. One son John Isiah MILLER might have lived in Moro and later lived and died in Hood River Co, Oregon. Total children of William and Susan either 7 or 8.
Susan Emeline Stephens/William M. Miller
Posted by: Russell Miller
Date: January 18, 2002 at 20:01:47 and
Date: February 04, 2002 at 22:48:29
Seeking more information. She married William M. MILLER April 9, 1848 in Bride's Father's Home. She died May 31, 1898 in Moro, Sherman Co., OR. Maybe lived in Lawrence Co. Indiana in 1850's. Also Clay Co. IL, Neosha Co. KS
In 1880 Federal Census Capps Creek, Barry Co., MO a widow with 4 children living with her.
Information on her parents and siblings came from the Toliver family tree of North Carolina:
Carol Ann Page (Tolliver) put together a booklet on her family, which can be downloaded as a PDF.
Kinship for Susan Emeline Stephens was listed on Page 74, and her birth year was listed on Page 157. Other birth years (other than for Margaret Jane, who was married in 1848 to Tobias Tolliver) are listed throughout the Report section beginning on Page 110.
The result of this was:
- Father: Isaiah Stephens b.1800 North Carolina, d. 22 December 1882 Lawrence County Indiana
- Mother: Elizabeth b.1804 Kentucky
- 1. Sarah Ann b. 1824
- 2. Patrick E. b. 1825
- 3 or 4 Susan Emeline b. 1830
- Unk. Margaret Jane m. 14 December 1848 in Lawrence County IN to Tobias Tolliver (b. 15 May 1824 Ashe County NC, d. 31 August 1885 Glenwood MO)
- 5 Louisa b. 1837
- 6. Lucinda b. 1838
- 7. Melinds b. 1841
- 8. Mahalia b. 1844
- 9. Emily K. b. 1845
- 10. Isaac b. 1851
Ben notes: After first posting this information, written by Carol Page in 2007, I found it was not conclusive, according to a board on Ancestry.com:
Re: isaiah stephens
- By graceellenlamb
- Posted: 26 Aug 2009 12:32AM GMT
- Classification: Query
- Surnames: STEPHENS/TOLLIVER /BALDWIN/BASS
my G- Grandma is margaret Jane Stephens who married Tobias Tolliver
I know who children are, If you are still on here goes,
Elizabeth/D) July 26,1892 wife of Isaiah Stephens/(D)Dec 22, 1882/children
- 1. Malinda Stephens (B)abt Jan 20,1841 (D) Oct 11,1850/
- 2. Mahala Stephens (B) abt Feb 15, 1846/(D) Sept 20,1846 age 2yr 7mo 5days/
- 3. Sarah Ann Stephens (B)Sept 07, 1823 Tn/(M)Feb 08 1846 (D)1893 husband David Baldwin.
- 4. Patrick Stephens (B)1827(M)May 25,1850 In.
- 5. Mary Ann Bass (D) ?/
- 6. Jeremiah Stephens (B)1827 (M)?
- 7. Eveline ?(D)?/
- 8. Issac
- 9/ Margaret J(B)1829(M) Dec 14,1848 Lawernce In.to Tobias Tolliver/
- 10. Jane Stephens(B) 1834/
- 11. Mary A(B) 1835/
- 12. Louisa/
- 13. Emily
Re: isaiah stephens
- By GraceLamb51
- Posted: 2 May 2010 7:51PM GMT
- Classification: Query
- Surnames: STEPHENS/ TOLIVER/BALDWIN/ HALL/BASS
ISAIAH STEPHENS BORN IN NC. ABT 1800 MARRIED 1820 ELIZABETH ? HE DIED dEC 22, 1882 IN LAWERNCE CO, INDIANA
ELIZABETH BORN 1804 DIED JULY 26,1892
THEY ARE MY G-G-G-GRANDPARENTS.
THE CHILDREN ARE
- 1. SARAH ANN BORN SEPT 07, 1823 TN.MARRIED DAVID bALDWIN FEB 08, 1846 IN TN .DIED 1893 .
- 2. PATRICK BORN 1825. MARRIED MAY 25,1850 INDIANA TO MARY ANN BASS HE DIED SEPT 19,1889.
- 3. JEREMIAH STEPHENS BORN 1827 TN.
- 4. MARGARET JANE STEPHENS BORN 1829 TN, MARRIED DEC 14, 1848 IN LAWERNCE CO, IN.TO TOBIAS TOLIVER. DIED ? MANY YEARS AFTER TOBIAS NOT BURIED WHERE HE IS IN GLENWOOD MO, AT 100F CEMETARY. HER BOYS SAID SHE WAS i\INDIAN.
- 5. JANE STEPHENS BORN 1834.
- 6. MARY EMELINE STEPHENS BORN 1835.
- 7. LOUISA STEPHENS BORN 1837 REGSTARED ON GION MILLER ROLL.
- 8. NANCY STEPHENS BORN ?
- 9. LUCINDA STEPHENS BORN 1838, IN.
- 10. MILINDA STEPHENS BORN 1841 DIED OCT 11, 1846 LAWERNCE CO, IN.
- 11. MAHALA STEPHENS BORN 1844, DIED SEPT 20, 1846. EMILY K STEPHENS BORN 1845 IN. SEPT 25, 1848 IN. HUSBAND MARTIN HALL.
- 12. ISAAC STEPHENS BORN 1851.
HOPE THIS HELPS GRACE
Ben notes: Although Carol Page's Susan Emeline, born 1830, corresponds directly with our Susan Emeline (Emmaline, etc.), and although the second source provides incomplete information that does not confirm or deny the connection (Eveline?), the third source seems to indicate the connection may be doubtful (Mary Emeline Stephens, born 1835).
As a result, I'm removing Susan Emeline's parents and siblings until we can confirm sources.
Susan Emeline Miller (Stephens)'s Timeline
July 11, 1830
Claiborne County, Tennessee, United States
April 9, 1848
Lawrence County, Indiana, United States
September 21, 1867
Neosho County, Kansas, United States
May 31, 1898
Moro, Sherman County, Oregon, United States