Thietburga von der Nordmark
Daughter of Bernhard I and N.N. Vladimirovna Kievskaja von Haldersleben
|Managed by:||FARKAS Mihály László|
About Thietburga von der Nordmark
5. BERNHARD (-[1044/51]). "Bernhardo" is named as son of "Teoderici ducis et marchionis" in the Annalista Saxo, which also specifies that he was avunculus of Dietrich Graf von Merseburg. He was appointed as BERNHARD Markgraf der Nordmark in 1009. m ---. The name and origin of Bernhard´s wife is not known. Baumgarten states that she was --- Vladimirovna, illegitimate daughter of Vladimir Sviatoslavich "Velikiy/the Great" Grand Prince of Kiev & his mistress ---. He cites a single German secondary source, dated to 1722, but this in fact makes no mention of Bernhard´s wife. The authority for his statement is therefore unknown and it is preferable to assume that it is incorrect until further information comes to light. Mistress (1): ---, a Slav. The name of Bernhard's mistress is not known. The primary source which confirms her Slav origin has not yet been identified. Markgraf Bernhard & his wife had [five] children:
- a) THIETBURGA (-1018). The primary source which confirms her parentage has not yet been identified. Nun.
- b) WILHELM (-near Prizlawa 10 Sep 1056). The primary source which confirms his parentage has not yet been identified. He succeeded in  as WILHELM Markgraf der Nordmark. He was killed fighting the Slavs.
- c) KONRAD . The primary source which confirms his parentage has not yet been identified. Graf von Haldensleben. See: - GRAFEN von HALDENSLEBEN.
- d) ODA . The primary source which confirms her parentage and marriage has not yet been identified. m CHRISTIAN Graf, son of [GEBHARD [I] Graf von Querfurt/BURCHARD [I] Graf von Querfurt] & his wife ---.
- e) [OTHELINDIS (-in Saxony 9 Mar [1043/44], bur in Saxony). The Annales Egmundani name "Othelhildis comitissa" as wife of "Theodericus comes quartus [Hollandensium]" but do not give her origin. According to Europäische Stammtafeln, the wife of Count Dirk III was the daughter of Bernhard I Markgraf der Nordmark Graf von Haldensleben, but the primary source on which this is based has not so far been identified. The Chronologia Johannes de Beke records the marriage of "Theodericus…tercius…comes Hollandie" and "Utilhildim filiam…ducis Saxonie". The corresponding duke of Saxony would have been the Billung Duke Bernhard I (who died in 1011). However, if Duke Bernhard was Othelindis's father, the wife of Count Dirk III's son Count Floris would have been his first cousin on his mother's side, which seems unlikely to be correct. "Theodericus…Holtlandensis comes…Florentii filius" recites the ownership history of properties claimed by the church of Utrecht in Holland, including donations by "Theodericus tertius, predicti Arnulfi filius, cum coniuge sua Othelhildis", by spurious charter dated 26 Jul 1083, probably written in . The Annales Egmundani record the death in 1044 of "Othilhildis comitissa". The Chronologia Johannes de Beke records that "Othilhildis…comitissa" returned to Saxony after her husband died, and that she died there "1043 VII Id Mai" and was buried there. Beke's Egmondsch Necrologium records the death "1043 VII Id Mar" of "Othelhildis comitissa rediens ad Saxoniam". m DIRK III "Hierosolymita" COUNT of Holland, son of ARNULF Count of Holland & his wife Liutgard de Luxembourg (-27 May 1039).]
- Markgraf Bernhard had one illegitimate child by Mistress (1):
- f) OTTO (-killed in battle near Hausneindorf 26 Jun 1057). The primary source which confirms his parentage has not yet been identified. Marchio 1056.