|Birthplace:||Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, (Present UK)|
|Death:||Died in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, (Present UK)|
Son of Robert Boyd, 5th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock; Margaret Colquhoun and Margaret Mariot Boyd
|Managed by:||Kevin Lawrence Hanit|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Boyd, 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock
About Thomas Boyd, 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock
Barron Thomas Boyd was the 5TH Lord Boyd...
Ben M. Angel notes: Not sure what source the person asserting this was using, but according to "The Ancestors and Descendants of James Boyd and Nancy Wier" by William R. Boyd, referenced by the House of Boyd website, this person is 6th Lord, son of Robert, 5th Lord:
(23) Thomas, 6th Lord Boyd, joined with his father in the association in behalf of Queen Mary, May 8, 1568, and was engaged in her Army at Langside, May 13, 1568. He received a good conduct (or passport) reading as follows: "Thomas Master of Boyds, to depart and pass furth of our realm to the partis of France, Flanderis, wall of the spa, and othens partis quhare he pleasis, thair to remain for seeking for cure and remed of his saidis diseasis, for the space of three zeiris after the date hereof...Providing always that our said cousin do not attempt nothing in prejudice of us our realm and religion publiclie prechit and profeist within our realim or otherwais this our licence to be null and of none availe force nor effect. Given under our signit and subscrivit with our hand at our castell of steivliny the XIII day of July and of our reign the twelth zeir-126.96.36.199. JAMES R."
Thomas married Margaret, second daughter of Sir Mathew Cambell of Loudon and his wife, Isabel, daughter of Sir John Drummond of Innpeffery and his wife, Janet, natural daughter of King James IV. Thomas died in June, 1611, and had seven children:
- 1. Robert, Master of Boyd (24);
- 2. Sir Thomas Boyd of Bedlay;
- 3. Adam Boyd, who married Margarat, sister of Robert Galbraith of Kileroich;
- 4. John Boyd of whom we have no record;
- 5. Marion, who married James, Earl of Abercorn;
- 6. Isabel; and
- 7. Agnes, who married Sir George Elphinstone of Blytheswood.
The aforesaid Isabel, according to Robertson, married John Blair, but Collin's Peerage states that James Stuart of Bute (died 1662), married Isabel, daughter of Sir Douglas Cambell of Auchinbrick and Isabel his wife, daughter of Thomas, Lord Boyd, which must mean that Isabel married twice.
Founder of the Burgh of Kilmarnock, 5th Lord Boyd
(From the webpage of the Lordship and Barony of Kilmarnock: "KILMARNOCK is recorded as Kelmernoke in a document dated 1299, but the origin of the name remains uncertain.")
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on Thomas Boyd, 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock:
Thomas Boyd, 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock 
- M, #110231,
- b. circa 1547,
- d. June 1611
- Last Edited=28 Mar 2008
- Consanguinity Index=6.31%
Thomas Boyd, 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock was born circa 1547.
He married, secondly, Elizabeth Wallace.
He married, firstly, Margaret Campbell, daughter of Sir Matthew Campbell of Loudoun and Isabel Drummond, before 1568.
He died in June 1611.
He was the son of Robert Boyd, 5th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock and Margaret Colquhoun.
- He fought in the Battle of Langside on 13 May 1568.
- He succeeded to the title of 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock [S., c. 1454] on 3 January 1589/90.
- On 12 January 1591/92 he resigned his lands to the King, and obtained a new charter.
Children of Thomas Boyd, 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock and Margaret Campbell
- 1. Marion Boyd+ b. a 1568, d. 26 Aug 1632
- 2. Robert Boyd, Master of Boyd+ b. b 1579, d. May 1597
- 1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume I, page 2. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 2. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 261.
- 3. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume I, page 262.
- 4. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume II, page 262.
- 5. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume I, page 263.
Thomas Boyd, 6th Lord Boyd of Kilmarnock's Timeline
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, (Present UK)
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland
Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, (Present UK)
Bedlay, Ayrshire, Scotland, (Present UK)