About Thomas Deese
Birth: 1873 Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Death: Sep. 10, 1946 Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Thomas was the youngest son of Silas and Julia Lowry Deese. He married Susie Dial about 1894 according to the 1900 Federal Census.
The following was taken from the Sep. 11, 1946 edition of THE ROBESONIAN:
Thomas Deese, 75-year-old Indian, died at his home near McDonald Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 after an illness of two years.
The funeral will be conducted from Harper's Ferry Baptist church Thursday at 3 p.m. by Rev. Tommy Sweat. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Son of the late Silas and Julia Ann Deese, he is survived by one son, Durham Deese; 6 daughters, Mmes. Mary Hunt, Minnie Freeman, Zoe Lambert, Lula Revels, Anna Blue and Dovie Smiley; 48 grandchildren and 35 great-grandchildren.
- **NOTE: His death date was taken from his NC death certificate.
- *NOTE: Thomas Deese is listed in his parent's household on the 1870 Federal Census as a one-year old, so his birth year is closer to 1869.
- Silas Deese (1823 - 1889)
- Julia Deese (1832 - 1898)
- Susie Dial Deese (1877 - 1960)*
- Anna Deese Blue (1888 - 1982)*
- Minnie Deese Freeman (1900 - 1971)*
- Zoe Deese Lambert (1901 - 1993)*
- Rowland Deese (1905 - 1928)*
- Eddie Dees (1906 - 1906)*
- Dovie D Deese Smiling (1911 - 1970)*
Gone but not forgotten
Burial: Harpers Ferry Church Cemetery Robeson County North Carolina, USA