|Birthplace:||Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland|
|Death:||Died in Tynninghame, East Lothian, Scotland|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Thomas Hamilton, 9th Earl of Haddington, KT
About Thomas Hamilton, 9th Earl of Haddington, KT
Hamilton, 9th Earl of Haddington, Thomas. 21/06/1780-01/12/1858. Ref: 1020. Male.
- Titles and British Honours: Baron Melros of Tynninghame (1827), 9th Earl of Haddington (1828), PC(1814).
- Place of Birth: Edinburgh.
- Place of Death: Tynninghame House, East Lothian.
- Profession: Politician, Statesman, Landowner.
- Appointments Held: MP 1802-6 St Germans, 1807-14 Callington, 1814-18 Michael-Borough, 1818-26 Rochester, 1826 Yarmouth; Indian Commissioner 1814-22; Lord Lieutenant of Ireland 1834-5; First Lord of the Admiralty 1841-6; Lord Privy Seal 1846.
- Undergraduate Studies: Edinburgh University, Christ Church, Oxford, MA(Oxon 1815).
- Postgraduate Studies: Christ Church Oxford (MA Oxon 1815).
- Marital Status: Married Lady Maria Parker.
- Family: No issue.
- Mother: Lady Sophia Hope.
- Father: Thomas Hamilton, 8th. Earl of Haddington, 1753-1828.
- References: DNB 24 1890, 213-4; Scots Peerage, 4,1907, 325; Anderson 2, 396.
- Memberships: FRS (1844), Highland Society (1804).
- Date of Election: 16/04/1849.
- Proposers: Sir John Stuart Hepburn Forbes, 6/2/1849, (ms Proposal NLS Acc 10,000/47).
- Fellow Type: OF.
SOURCE: Waterston, Charles D; Macmillan Shearer, A (July 2006). Biographical index of former fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 1783-2002: Biographical Index. I. Edinburgh: The Royal Society of Edinburgh. ISBN 978-0-902198-84-5. page 410
- Wikipedia contributors, "Thomas Hamilton, 9th Earl of Haddington" Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia.
Thomas Hamilton, 9th Earl of Haddington, KT's Timeline
June 21, 1780
Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
July 3, 1780
St Giles, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
November 13, 1802
St Marylebone, London
December 1, 1858
Tynninghame, East Lothian, Scotland
Ld. Lt. of Ireland, 1st Ld. of Admiralty, Ld. Privy Seal