Thomas William Martin
|Birthplace:||Piscataway, New Jersey|
|Death:||Died in Woodbridge, Middlesex Co, NJ|
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy, Vol. ...|
view all 14
About Thomas William Martin
- 'New Jersey Historical Society. Calendar of New Jersey wills, administrations, etc. (page 40 of 76)
- New Jersey Historical Society. Calendar of New Jersey wills, administrations, etc. (page 40 of 76)
- 1687 Nov. 9. Martin, Easter, of Piscataway; will of. Children — John, Joseph, 'Thomas Martin', Mary Hull, Martha Langstafis, Lidia Smalley, Benjamin, grandchildren Mary and Plope Hull (children of Hopewell Hull). Land iu Piscataway Township. Personal property. Executor — son Benjamin. Witnesses — Edward Slater and Samuel Hull. Proved December 20, 1687.
- N. J. Archives, XXL, p. loS, and Middlesex Wills
- 1687-8 Jan. 6. Bond of her son Benjamin Martin of Piscataway as executor of her will. Edward Slater of the same place fellow bondsman,
- 1687 Sept. 15. Martin, James, of Burlington, meal man; will of. Brothers — Thomas Martin and John Martin, sister Mary Fry (excluding her husband from use of legacy), nephew Thomas Fry; Monthly Meeting of Ratlife Frends, London, and Burlington Meeting; mother Martha Martin alias Greenhill. Real and personal estate, partly in England, Executors — Samuel Jenings, Percival Towle and Thomas Ollive. Witnesses — John Johnson and Susannah Prickit. Proved March 28, 1693.
- 1687 March 17. Martin, John, of Piscataway, yeoman; will of. Wife Easter heiress and executrix of real and personal estate with sons John and Benjamin Martin, Hopfull Hulle and John Langstaff as over-seers. Witnesses — Thomas Killingvvorlh, Will: Button, Benjamin Martin, 'Thomas Martin' and Daniel Lippington. Proved 20th 20th 16S7 (?)
- N. J. Archives, XXL, p. 107, and Middlesex Wills
- 1703 May 21. Martin, Jolin, of Piscatteque, yeoman; will of. Wife Ann. Children — Elizabeth Dun, Ester Martin, Dorthy Martin, John Martin (under age), Richard Martin, brothers Joseph, Benjamin and 'Thomas Martin', sisters Mary Hall and Lydey Snialley. Real and personal estate. Executors — brother Benjamin Martin and Samuel Blackford. Witnesses — Benjamin Martin, Joseph Martin and Stephen W^illson. Proved April 18, 1704. Lib. i, p. 34, and Middlesex Wills
- 1703 June 12. Inventory of the personal estate (£219.17.6); made by John Royse and Edmond Dunham.
- 'NEW JERSEY COLONIAL RECORDS, East Jersey Records: Part 3 - Volume 21 Calendar of Records 1664-1703
- PAGE 70
- 1682 May 18. Deed. John MARTIN of Piscataway to his son Joseph MARTIN of the same place, for 80 acres at the Vinyard in said Township, bounded S. by son John MARTIN, E. by Nicholas MUNDAY, N. by Samuel HULL, W. by unsurveyed land, as granted by patent of Septbr. 10, 1678; also one half of a 30 a. lot of meadow on Raraton R. in Woodbridge Corporation adjoining Charles GILMAN (patent of June 3, 1673) 237
- PAGE 83
- 1686 July 22. Patent to John MARTINE Junior of Piscataway, for 100 acres there, bounded N. by grantee, E. by John MARTINE Senior, S. and W. by unsurveyed land; also 90 acres at Chingell Hill, bounded W. by Hopell HULL, S. by Jeffrey MANING, E. by unsurveyed land, N. by John MARTINE Senior. 352
- 1686 July 22. Do. to John MARTINE Senior of Piscataway, for 100 acres there, bounded N. by his homelot, W. by John MARTINE Junior, South by unsurveyed land, E. by Woodbridge line; also 81 a. bounded W. by Hopell HULL and Thomas HIGGINES, S. by John MARTINE Jr., E. and N. by unsurveyed lands. 353
- 1686 July 19. Do. to Hopewell HULE of Piscataway, for 100 acres there, bounded E. by Woodbridge, S. W. and N. by unsurveyed lands; also 90 a. at Chigell Hill, bounded S. by Jaffray MANING, E. by John MARTINE Junior, N. by Thomas HIGGINES, W. by unsurveyed lands. 356
- PAGE 87
- 1684-5 Jan. 21. Deed. John MARTIN Junior of Piscataway to his brother Benjamin MARTIN, for a tract at the Vineye and in Piscataway Township along Woodbridge line, by virtue of patent of Sept. 10, 1678. 395
- 1684 Aug. 4. Do. John MARTIN of Piscataway to his son Benjamin MARTIN, for several tracts, vizt: 1, 33 acres along son 'Thomas MARTIN' and Woodbridge line; 2, a parcel in Woodbridge Corporation along the first; 3, 10 acres of Raraton meadows, bounded E. by Rehaboth GANNETT and John WHITCHER, w. by 'Thomas MARTIN'; all by virtue of patent of June 6, 1673. 396
- 'NEW JERSEY COLONIAL RECORDS, East Jersey Records: Part 4 - Volume 21 Calendar of Records 1664-1703
- PAGE 96
- 1684-5 Jan. 21. Do. Benjamin MARTINE to his brother John MARTINE joiner, both of Piscataway, for 33 acres in Woodbridge, given him by their father John MARTINE August 4, 1684. 78
- PAGE 107
- 1684 Aug. 22. Deed. John MARTINE junior of Piscataway to his father John MARTINE of Woodbridge, for 15 acres of upland at Piscataway, N. and E. the highway, W. and S. grantee. 219
- 1687-8 March 17. Will of John MARTIN of Piscataway. Wife Esther sole heiress and executrix with sons Hopewell HULL, John MARTIN, Benjamin MARTIN and John LANGSTAFF as overseers and assistants. Witnesses Thomas KILLINGWORTH, Will. BUTTON, Benjamin MARTIN, 'Thomas MARTIN', Daniel LIPPINGTON. 220
- 1687 Dec. 14. Letters of administration on the estate of John MARTIN dec'd., granted to his widow Esther. 221
- 1684 Aug. 4. Deed. John MARTINE of Piscataway to his son 'Thomas MARTINE' of the same place for two tracts of land and one tract of meadow, in Woodbridge, vizt: the first, between Abraham TAPPINE, Piscataway bounds, and son Benj. MARTIN; the second, betw. Benj. MARTINE and Piscataway line; the third, 10 acres of Raraton meadows; all by virtue of patent of June 6, 1673. 222
- PAGE 108
- 1687 Nov. 9. Will of Esther MARTIN of Piscataway. Sons John, Joseph, 'Thomas', Benjamin, daughter Mary HULL, Martha LANGSTAFF, Lidea SMALLY, grandchildren Hopewell, son of Hopewell and Mary HULL, Mary, dau. of the same. Executor son Benjamin. Witnesses Edward SLATTER and Samuel HULL. Proved Dec. 20, 1687. 224
- 1687-8 Jan. 6. Letters of administration on the estate of Esther MARTIN granted to her son Benjamin. 226
- 'American marriage records before 1699 By William Montgomery Clemens
- American marriage records before 1699 By William Montgomery Clemens
- Pg. 149
- MARTEN, John and Elizabeth Simms, 17 December 1685, Pennsylvania License.
- MARTENS, Catherine and Samuel Berry, 28 February 1691, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- MARTHENS, Ruth and William Jeff, 12 August 1697, Harford, Md.
- MARTIN, Abigail and Thomas Hall, 25 February 1690, Dedham, Mass.
- MARTIN, Elizabeth and Daniell Bacon, 21 FEbruary 1685, Dedham, Mass.
- MARTIN, Elizabeth and Richard Gossuth, 3 December 1696, Talbot Co., Md.
- MARTIN, George and Susanna North, 11 August 1646, Salisbury, Mass.
- MARTIN, Grace and Nathaniel Phelps, 11 August 1676, Windson, Conn.
- MARTIN, Hannah and Ezekial Worthen, 4 December 1661, Amesbury, Mass.
- MARTIN, Joseph and Sarah Trotter, 25 November 1679, Middlesex Co., N.J.
- MARTIN, Mary and Hopewell Hull, 1669, Woodbridge, N.J.
- MARTIN, Melatiah and Rebecca Brooks, 6 November 1696, Swansea, Mass.
- MARTIN, Samuel and Abigail Norton, 30 March 1676, Andover, Mass.
- MARTIN, Sarah and Reginald Foster, September 1665, Ipswich, Mass.
- MARTIN, Soloman and Mary Pindar, 1643, Gloucester, Mass.
- 'MARTIN, Thomas and Rebecca Higgins, 28 April 1683, Piscataway, N.J.
- MARTINE, Ann (widow) and William Edmunds, 1 July 1657, Boston, Mass.
- MARTINE, Michael and Susanna Holliocke, 12 July 1656, Boston, Mass.
- MARTINE, Rebecca and Charles Pretorious, 17 September 1653, Boston, Mass.
- MARTINE, Richard and Sarah Tuttle, 1 December 1653, Boston, Mass.
- MARTINE, Richard and Elizabeth Gay, July 1660, Boston, Mass.
- MARTINS, Juda and William Cox, 30 March 1687, New York.
- MARTINU, John and Mary Mudge, March 1671, Malden, Mass.
- MARTYN, Thomas and Hannah Gennes, 22 December 1662, Brooklyn, N.Y.