Matching family tree profiles for Thomas Astley, III
About Thomas Astley, III
- 'Thomas Astley, Esq.1,2
- 'M, b. circa 1375, d. before 13 January 1432
- Father Sir Thomas de Astley1,3 b. c 1346, d. 1399
- Mother Elizabeth Harcourt1,3 b. c 1348, d. a 1384
- ' Thomas Astley, Esq. was born circa 1375 at of Ellenhall, Staffordshire, England.1 He married Joane Gresley, daughter of Sir Thomas Gresley and Margaret Walsh, before 18 January 1424; They had 5 sons (Thomas, Esq., John, William, Richard, & Henry).1,2 Thomas Astley, Esq. died before 13 January 1432.1,2
- 'Family Joane Gresley b. c 1398, d. a 1463
- Thomas Astley, Esq., Sheriff of Staffordshire+1,2 b. c 1415, d. 1483
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 46.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 55-56.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 55.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1594.htm#i47909
- Born: of Ellenhall, Stafford, England
- Gender: Male
- Died: bef 14 Jan 1432
- Kinship: Son & heir
- Birth: Date > Say 1385
- Distinction: Esquire
- Residence: Of Ellenhall, Staffordshire, England - from which he was ejected by his cousin Robert Harcourt
- Residence: Of Nordley Regis, Shropshire (Nordley Regis, Alveley, Shropshire, England)
- Father: Sir Thomas de Astley, Knight of Hillmorton, Warwickshire, England; (b.?; d. 1399)
- Mother: Elizabeth de Harcourt (b. cal 1347-1349; d. aft 1383-4)
- Married: bef 12 Dec 1369
- Spouse: Joan Gresley of Drakelow, Church Gresley, Derbyshire, England; (b.?; d. aft 1463)
- Marriage: Date bef 18 Jan 1423/24 (probably long before as their 3rd but eldest surviving son, Thomas was an adult by 1437, so was born about 1415).
- Condition: 5 sons of this marriage.
- 1) Thomas Astley (b. abt 1415-16 of Nailstone, Leicestershire, England; d. 1483)
- 2) John Astley
- 3) William Astley
- 4) Richard Astley
- 5) Henry Astley
- 1. [S338] Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families (2004), Richardson, Douglas, edited by Kamball G. Everingham, (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2004), FHL book 942 D5rd., p. 46 ASTLEY:10, 11.
- 2. [S394] #230 [5th edition, 1999] The Magna Charta Sureties, 1215 (5th edition, 1999), Adams, Arthur, (5th edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1999), FHL book 973 D2aa 1999., p. 164 line 124:10.
- 3. [S338] Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families (2004), Richardson, Douglas, edited by Kamball G. Everingham, (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 2004), FHL book 942 D5rd., p. 46 ASTLEY:11.
Thomas Astley, III's Timeline
Everly, Wiltshire, England
Everly, Wiltshire, England
Hillmorton, Warwickshire, England
Colton, Staffordshire, England
Colton, Staffordshire, , England