Thomasine Frost (Clench)
|Birthplace:||Bottisham, Cambridgeshire, England, (Present UK)|
|Death:||Died in Sudbury, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)|
|Managed by:||Alba Susan Arboleda|
Matching family tree profiles for Thomasine Frost (Clench)
About Thomasine Frost (Clench)
Thomasine CLENCH 1, 2 was christened 6 Oct 1608 in Bottisham, Cambridgeshire, England. She died 1650 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts. Thomasine married Elder Edmund FROST on 16 Apr 1634 in Earls Colne, Essex, England.
They had the following children:
M i John FROST was born 1635 and died Sep 1672.
M ii Thomas FROST was born Mar 1637 and died 1724.
M iii Samuel FROST 1, 2 was born 3 Feb 1639 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
M iv Joseph FROST 1, 2 was born 3 13 Jan 1640 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
M v Deacon James FROST was born 9 Apr 1643 and died 12 Aug 1711.
F vi Mary FROST 1, 2 was born 3 24 Jul 1645 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
M vii Ephraim FROST 1, 2 was born 1647 in Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts.
Thompson, Neil D., "Thomasine Frost's English Ancestry," NEHGR 153:3 (Jul 1999) (New England Historic, Genealogical Society.), p. 288, Los Angeles Public Library.
2Savage, James, A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, showing three generations of those who came before 1692 (Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1860-62.), 2:211, Los Angeles Public Library, 929.274 S264.
- The Frost family in England and America with special reference to Edmund Frost and some of his descendants (1909)
- EDMUND FROST OF CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS
- Edmund Frost was born in the neighborhood of Hartest, County of Suffolk, England, about the year 1600. He must have early associated himself with the non-conformist or dissenting portion of the Protestant ......
- .... Edmund Frost married at Hartest, about the year 1630, a woman whose first name was "Thomasine." His first son, John, was born in England about the year 1632. In 1634 (October 16th), Edmund Frost, with his wife and son John, boarded the ship Great Hope (Captain Curling) at Ipswich, England, for Boston, Massachusetts. He was one of the leaders ....
- His death occurred July 12, 1672.
- Through the courtesy of Mr. George Henry Frost of Plainfield, N. J., we present a full copy of the last will and testament of Edmund Frost : .....
- ' 1. Edmund Frost, born in England about 1600; with wife Thomasine and infant child settled Cambridge, Mass., 1635. The date of his wife's death is uncertain, but sometime before 1669,. he married Reana Daniel (widow successively of James, Wm. Andrew, and Robert Daniel), who survived him.*
- * Temple's "Genealogical Register of Framingham" states: "He married (2) about 1642, Mary ___ ; (3) Widow Reana Daniels." The records show that James and Mary were born after this date to Edmund and Thomasine Frost, showing Temple's statement to be in error.
- CHILDREN :
- 2. John, b. Eng., about 1632.
- 3. Thomas, b. 1st mo. 1637, O. S. (Mar., 1637); d. 1639.
- 4. Samuel, b. 12th mo. 1638, O. S. (Feb., 1639).
- 5. Joseph, b. 13, 11, 1639, O. S. (Jan. 13, 1640).
- 6. James, b. 9, 2, 1643, O. S. (Apr. 9, 1643).
- 7. Mary, b. 24, 5, 1645, O. S. (July 24, 1645).
- 8. Ephraim, b. 1646, or later.
- 9. Thomas, b. 1647, or later.
- 10. Sarah, b. 1653.
Thomasine Frost (Clench)'s Timeline
October 6, 1608
Bottisham, Cambridgeshire, England, (Present UK)
October 6, 1608
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
Stanstead, Suffolk, England
April 16, 1634
Earls Colne, Essex, England, (Present UK)
February 13, 1638
Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony
July 24, 1645
Cambridge, Middlesex, Massachusetts, United States
Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)
Cambridge, Middlesex, MA
June 13, 1653
Sudbury, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)