Historical records matching Tillie Taussig
About Tillie Taussig
Mrs Tillie Taussig (née Mandelbaum)
- Born: Wednesday 18th December 1872
- Age: 39 years
- Last Residence: in Newark New Jersey United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 110413 , £79 13s
- Cabin No.: E67
- Rescued (boat 8)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Monday 17th June 1957
Mrs Emil Taussig (Tillie Mandelbaum), 39, was born 18 December 1872, the daughter of Herman Mandelbaum, a New York merchant.
She boarded the Titanic at Southampton, as a first class passenger, together with her husband Emil Taussig and daughter Ruth Taussig.
She and Ruth were rescued in lifeboat 8.
Five months after the disaster, while administering her late husband's estate, Mrs Taussig found some shares which had, hitherto, been thought worthless. Mrs Taussig sold the shares, for the Engelhardt Collapsible Lifeboat Company, for $2000.
After the sinking, Mrs Taussig remarried to Morris Samuel.
Tillie Samuel (late Taussig, née Mendelbaum) died in New York City on 17 June 1957.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket) Mr Emil Taussig Miss Ruth Taussig Credits Michael A. Findlay, USA Geoff Whitfield, UK Craig Stringer, UK