About Timothy J McCarthy
- Name: Mr Timothy J. McCarthy
- Age: 54 years
- Last Residence: in Dorchester United States
- Occupation: Buyer
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17463 , £51 17s 3d
- Cabin No.: E46
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 175)
- Buried: Calvery Cenetery Dorchester United States
Mr Timothy J. McCarthy, 54, came from Dorchester, Massachusetts. He was a department story buyer for Jordan Marsh in Boston, MA.
He and his friend and work colleague Herbert Henry Hilliard boarded the Titanic at Southampton. They held ticket number 17463 (£51, 17s, 3d) and shared cabin E-46.
Mr McCarthy died in the disaster, his body was recovered by the MacKay Bennett.
NO. 175 — MALE — ESTIMATED AGE 65 — GREY HAIR & MOUSTACHE
CLOTHING — Grey overcoat; black striped suit; purple knitted tie.
EFFECTS — Prayer book; purse; pipe; wedding ring; knife; gun metal watch and fob; papers; 5s.; $110.00 in notes.
NAME - TIMOTHY J. McCARTHY
The body was delivered to J. V. Finn of Boston on 30 April 1912 and he was buried at Calvery Cenetery, Dorchester, Massachusetts.
(Courtesy of Michael A. Findlay, USA)
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Herbert Henry Hilliard
References and Sources
- Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (Public Archives of Nova Scotia) (#175)
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55).
- Michael A. Findlay, USA