Matching family tree profiles for Tomasine Fry
About Tomasine Meigs (Fry)
Tomasine FRY (AFN: 8Q72-KP) was born on 29 Feb 1612 in Weymouth, Dorset, England and died 4 Jan 1672 in Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut. [nb - same date as husband's death date so suspect transcription error.] She was buried in the Guilford Cemetery but according to Findagrave the body is lost or destroyed.
- Parents: William FRY (AFN: 8J3Z-KL) & Sarah HILL (AFN: 8J3Z-LR)
- abt 1632 to John MEIGS (AFN: 8VF2-5J) in Axminster, Dorset, England. He was the son of Vincent Meigs & Emma Stronge.
- Mary (1633-1703) married William Stevens.
- Elizabeth (1635-1664) married Richard Hubbell.
- Concurrence (1643-1708) married Daniel Bartlett.
- John (1641-1713) married Sarah Wilcoxson & Lydia Thompson.
- Tryal (1646-1690) married Andrew Ward.
- Arrived with husband and one child in Weymouth, Massachusetts about 1634.
- Joseph Savage, Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, Originally published 1860.
Her given name may be Tamsen, Tamzin, Thimmerzine
New England Historical and Genealigical Register vol. 8: 348: John and Tamsen Fry Meigs brought one child with them when they came to New England. they settled first in Weymouth, Massachusetts, and then in Rehoboth, where they lived until 1644, and removed to New Haven, Connecticut, where John Meigs took the oath of Fidelity that year. In 1648 he bought a lot fronting New Haven Green, known today as Cutler Corner, one hundred thirty-nine feet on Cnurch Street, and two hudnred thirty-five feet on Chapel Street, in the main business part of the cith-the lot along the fronts of which pass daily the greatest number of feet, and on which towers the largest private building yet erected in this city.
Genealogies of the Early Families Of Weymouth, Massachusetts by George Waltere Chamberlain; (The following exerpt is from the Will of William Frye, brother to Thomasine Fry) The will of William Frye of Weymouth, made 9 Nov 1643, states that the testators sister was the wife of John Meigs whose name was Thomasine (Frye) Meigs, and that Walter Harriss wife Mary (Frye) Harris Weymouth was another sister, and that Thomas Rawlins wife Hannah (Frye) Rawlins, also of Weymouth, was a third sister.
Tomasine Fry's Timeline
February 29, 1612
Weymouth, Dorset, England
March 3, 1633
Bradford, Dorset, England
Weymouth (near Plymouth), Devon, England
Weymouth, Norfolk, Massachusetts, USA
February 29, 1641
Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts, USA
New Haven, New Haven, CT, USA
January 4, 1672
Killingworth, Middlesex, Connecticut