|Also Known As:||"Hugo Bamfi"|
|Birthplace:||Caravaggio, Bergamo, Lombardy, Italy|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Place of Burial:||Atlantic Ocean|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Ugo Banfi
- Name: Sig. Ugo Banfi
- Born: Friday 9th December 1887
- Age: 24 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 23 Aubert Park, Finsbury London London England - Map
- Occupation: Waiter
- A la Carte crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Sig. Ugo Bamfi, 24, was born at Caravaggio (Bergamo), Italy on 9 December 1887 the son of Giuseppe Antonio Bamfi and Francesca Paltenghi.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 9 April 1912, he gave his address as 23 Aubert Park Finsbury, [London] (1). The same address as Francesco Nannini. The Titanic was his first ship. He boarded the Titanic on 10 April.
Bamfi died in the sinking, his body, if recovered, was never identified.
In the Cemetery at Caravaggio there is a tombstone in memory of him. His parents received financial relief from the Mansion House fund:
Number C. 342. Banfi.
- Parents received a grant of £60.
Senate lists says 33, Aubert Park, Highbury Hill.
- Crew Particulars of Engagement
- Estratto per riassunto dal registro degli Atti di Nascita (Birth Certificate)
- Corriere Mercantile (Genova) 18 Aprile 1912, "Names of the Italians" (Translation)
- Corriere della Sera, 19 Aprile 1912, "Italians Shipwrecked" (Translation)
- Il Lavoro (Genova), 25 Maggio 1912, Le vittime italiane nel disastro del "Titanic"
- United States Senate, Washington 1912. n° 806, Crew List
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Pellegri Ottorino, Caravaggio, Italy.
- Claudio Mazza, Italy
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
- Brian Ticehurst, UK