Matching family tree profiles for Virginia Ethel Emanuel
About Virginia Ethel Emanuel
- Name: Miss Virginia Ethel Emanuel
- Born: 1907
- Age: 5 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 364516 , £12 9s 6d
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Rescued (boat 13)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: 1972
Miss Virginia Ethel Emmanuel, 5, boarded the Titanic at Southampton with her Nurse Miss Elizabeth Dowdell who was escorting her to her grandparents home in New York, NY. Her step-father had deserted her and her mother who was, according the New York American, the Opera singer Estelle Emanuele
They shared a third class cabin with Amy Stanley.
Ms Dowdell and Miss Emmanuel were rescued in lifeboat 13.
An insurance claim (number B158) for property worth $547.75 was filed by her grandfather Samuel J. Weill.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Miss Elizabeth Dowdell
- References and Sources
- New York American
- Brian Ticehurst, UK