Vivian / Velin's Top 9 Matches
About Vivian / Velin Öhman
Miss Velin Öhman
- Born: Friday 14th March 1890
- Age: 22 years 1 months and 1 days.
- Last Residence: in Mariestad Sweden
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347085 , £7 15s 6d
- Destination: Chicago Illinois United States
- Rescued (boat C)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Saturday 19th November 1966
- Cause of Death: Heart Failure / Disease
- Buried: Chapel Hill Gardens West Elmhurst Illinois United States
Miss Velin Öhman (1), 22, was born 14 March 1890 (2). She was from Eks parish, Mariestad, Västergötland, Sweden.
Velin Öhman boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger (ticket number 347085, £7 15s 6d) she was destined for Chicago, IL (3). She was rescued in Collapsible C with fellow Swede Hilda Maria Hellström.
She died in Chicago, Illinois on 19 November 1966.
Notes 1. Velin Öhman is listed in the American Senate list as Velin Olman and in other lists as E. Orman. 2. This date taken from Wetterholm (1996), the death certificate gives date as 14 March 1892. 3. She claimed to be travelling to the home of her uncle Henry Forsander who turns out to have been her fiancé.
Documents State of Illinois Medical Certificate of Death
Sources Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
References Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
Contributors Phillip Gowan, USA Leif Snellman, Finland
Vivian / Velin Öhman's Timeline
March 14, 1890
Mariestad, Västergötland, Sweden
November 19, 1966
Chapel Hill Gardens West, Oakbrook Terrace, DuPage County, Illinois, USA