Wendla Maria Heininen
|Death:||Died in Titanic|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered|
|Place of Burial:||Canada|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Wendla Maria Heininen
About Wendla Maria Heininen
- Name: Miss Wendla Maria Heininen
- Age: 23 years
- Last Residence: in Turku Finland
- Occupation: Servant
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3101290 , £7 18s 6d
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 8)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Miss Wendla Maria Heininen, 23, a single woman from Turku, Finland was travelling to New York City. She boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger . Miss Heininen lost her life in the disaster, a few days a female body was pulled from the sea by crew members of the cable ship MacKay Bennett.
The unidentified body was laid to rest in Fairview Cemetery in Halifax, NS the plain stone bearing just a number and the date of death. Recent research enabled the name of victim #8 to be postively identified and the name was added to the stone. Wendla Maria Heininen's relatives received £50 in compensation for their loss.
References and Sources