Historical records matching William Arthur Emery
About William Arthur Emery
He and Fannie had no children ; he married her shortly after his brother jonas Walker died and raised his nephews and nieces.
1. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Ancestral File (TM) (July 1996 (c), data as of 2 January 1996), Family History Library, 35 N West Temple Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84150 USA.
2. Judith Elaine Burns, Compiler, Revised Genealogical Records of The Descendants of John Emery of Newbury, Massachuetts, The (1982, Gateway Press Inc. Baltimore, Md.), Pg. 409, 82-83136 Library of Congress. "b. 21 Nov. 1893; m. Fannie Ices Carter dau. of George Carter and widow of his brother Jonas #12426; d. 17 Oct 1963; buried Simpson Chapel Cemetery Greene co., In.; s.p.; WWI Veteran Serial #30926607; farmer."
3. Social Security Death Index, . "b. 21 Nov. 1893 d. Oct 1963; Social Security #315-14-4602; Issued In."
4. Greene County Indiana Wills, Bk. 8 pg. 120, Clerk of Greene County Circuit and Superior Court, Greene County Courthouse, 1 W. Main St., P.O. Box 229, Bloomfield, Indiana 47424.
5. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Ancestral File (TM), July 1996 (c), data as of 2 January 1996. "William Arthur EMERY (AFN: 73MS-83) Pedigree
Sex: M Family
Birth: 21 Nov 1893
Taylor Twp, Greene, In
Death: 17 Oct 1963
Father: Charles Sigal EMERY (AFN: 73MR-LN) Family
Mother: Minerva Jane HARDESTY (AFN: 73MR-MT)
Spouse: Fannie Ices CARTER (AFN: DW09-Q9) Family
6. Judith Elaine Burns, Compiler, Revised Genealogical Records of Descendants of John Emery of Newbury, Massachuetts,The, 1982, Gateway Press Inc. Baltimore, Md., Pg. 409, 82-83136 Library of Congress. "b. 21 Nov. 1893; m. Fannie Ices Carter dau. of George Carter and widow of his brother Jonas #12426; d. 17 Oct 1963; buried Simpson Chapel Cemetery Greene co., In.; s.p.; WWI Veteran Serial #30926607; farmer."
7. Social Security Death Index**. "b. 21 Nov. 1893 d. Oct 1963; Social Security #315-14-4602; Issued In."
8. 1930 United States Census. "Taylor, Greene, Indiana; Roll: 590; Page: 5B; Enumeration District: 22
Arther W Emery 36 [head]
Albert R Emery 34 [brother]
Bruce E Emery 19 [brother]
Fanny J Emery 36 [sister-in-lw]
Ray W Emery 12 [nephew]
Ruth B Emery 10 [niece]
Jessie B Emery 8 [nephew]
Jerdon L Emery 6 [nephew]
Jonie Emery 42 [ Jonas brother]."
9. Greene County Indiana Wills, Bk 8 pg. 120, Clerk of Greene County Circuit and Superior Court, Greene County Courthouse, 1 W. Main St., P.O. Box 229, Bloomfield, Indiana 47424. "I, William A. Emery, a resident of Greene county Indiana, make and publish this my last will and testeament, hereby revoking all foremer wills by me made. - - Item 1 - It is my will and I direct that all my just debts, including expenses & last sickness and funeral expenses be paid out of personal property left _. - - Item 2 - I will and bequeath to the Trustees of the Simpson Chapel Cemetery the sim of one huundred dollars - - Item 3 - I will and devise to my son, Jeredon Lee Emery, the southeast quarter if the northeast quarter of section 11, township six noth, range 5 west, excepting the two acres heretofore deeded to him.- - Item 4 - I will and bequeath to my daughter Joan Blaker, the northeast quarter of the southwest quarter of section 13. township six north, range 5 west - - Item 5 - I will and devise to my son, Walter Ray Emery, the SOutheast quarter of the southwest quarter of section 11 tosnhip six noth, range 5 west. - - Iterm 6 - I will and devise to my daughterM Ruth O'Neal the northwest quarter of the southwest quarter of section 12 township six north, range 5 west - - all real estate herein devised in Greene county, Indiana. - - Item 7 - all the balance and residue of my estate, including personal and mixed property, I will and bequeath to my daughter Joan Blaker, after payment of debts and the bequest of Item 2. - - Item 8 - I nominate and appoint my son Walter Ray Emery, as executor of this will.
In witness whereof I, William A. Emery, have hereunto set my hand this the 6th day of October 1959. William A. Emery
- - The above and foregoing was signed and acknowledged by the testator, WIlliam A. Emery as amd for his last will and testament, and we, at his request and in his presence and inthe presence of each other have hereunto subscribe our names as witnesses thereto this the 6th day of October 1959. Orval D. Hunter Newell Marie Jackson
Affidavit of Death - - Joan Blaker, being duly sworn, on oath says that William A. Emery died on or about the 21st day of October 1963, and at the time of such death was a resident of such county and state. - - Mrs. JoAnn Blaker
Subscribed and sworn to before me this 25th day of October 1963 - -Orval D. Hunter, Notary Public - - My Comm. expires October 26, 1966- - Proof of Wills - - (By Subscribuing Witness) - - Orval D.Hunter, being duly sworn by the undersigned Clerk of the Ciruilt Court of Greene County, Indiana on oath says: - -(1) Affiasnt is one of the subscribing witnesses tot he foregoing written instrument date [sic dated] October 6th, 1959, purporting to be the last will and testamemt of WIlliam A. EMery (hereinafter called the "decendent"). - - (2) Such instrument was on the date thereof duly executed, published and declared by such decendent to be the last will and testament fo [sic of] such decendent.
93) At such time, such decendent was of the full age, of twenty-one years, of sound and disposing mind and memory, under no cerocion, compulsion or restraint, and competent to devise his property. - - (4) such decendent signified that such insstrument was his last will and testmanet and duly executed same, in the presence of the subscribiung witnesses thereto, namely, the affiant and Newell Marie Jackson. - - (5) In the presence of such decedent and in the presence of each other, each of such subscribing witneses attested and signed the same as witnesses thereto.
Orval D. Hunter - - Subscribed and sworn to before me, in witness of which I hereunto affix the seal of such court, and subscribe my name at Bloomfield, Indiana, this 25th day of October 1963 Claude Story Clerk of Greene Circuit Court
Certificate of Probate - - I, Clerk of the Circuit Court of Greene County, Indiana do hereby certify that: (1) the foregoing Will and Testament of William A. Emery, deceased, has been duly admitted to probate before Judge Edwin B. Long; (2) the same was proved by the examination under oath of Orval D. Hunter; (3) such will has been recorded in Will Record 8 page 120 in the WIll Records of such county; and (4) a full and complete record of sucvh will and of the proof and examination of the witness by whom the same was proved and of the Order of Probate relating thereto has been made and is now of record in the records of the Clerk of such county pertaining to such court. - - In testimony whereof I have hereunto affixed the seal of such Court, and subscribed my name at Bloomfield, Indiana this 25th day of October 1963 Claude Story, Clerk."
10. Greene County Health Department, Greene County Indiana Death Record Report [Index] 188? - 199?, Index File: death017.pdf; Page 3.
11. Social Security Death Index**, Index File: death017.pdf; Page 3. "William EMERY
Birth Date: 21 Nov 1893
Death Date: Oct 1963
Social Security Number: 315-14-4602
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Indiana
Actual Death Residence: Indiana."
12. Cemeteries of Eastern Greene County, Indiana, Greene County Historical Society, Pg. 271. "William A. Emery 1893 1963."
13. Cemeteries of Eastern Greene County, Indiana, 1st 1908's; 2nd 1994, Pg. 271. "William A. Emery 1893 1963."
William Arthur Emery's Timeline
November 21, 1893
Taylor Twp, Greene, Indiana
October 17, 1963
Taylor Twp., greene, Indiana