William Bradford, II
|Birthplace:||Austerfield, Yorkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Austerfield, Yorkshire, England|
|Place of Burial:||Austerfield, Blyth, West Riding, Yorkshire, England|
Son of William Bradford, I; William Bradford; William Bradford; Alice Bradford; Alice Bradford
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching William Bradford, II
About William Bradford, II
William Bradford (1559-1591) was born, married, and died at Austerfield, Yorkshire, England.  He was a Yeoman, within a class of farmers and animal husbandrymen below that of a Gentleman, but able to own property. He was suffiently prosperous that he was one of two Yeomen in Austerfield to be taxed. He married Alice Hanson on June 21,1584, in Austerfield. William died at the relatively young age of 34, in1591, when his son, William Bradford (1589/90-1657), who was to become Governor of the Plymouth Colony, was not yet two years old. William Bradford (1559-1591) is thought to have died of a pestilent contagious disease.
- January 21, 1583/84 in Harworth, Yorks, England to Alice Hanson, daughter of John Hanson & Margaret Grashon. She married Robert Briggs 2nd.
- WILLIAM6 BRADFORD, b. March 19, 1589/90, Austerfield, Yorkshire, England; d. May 09, 1657, Plymouth, Plymouth County, MA. Married 1) Dorothy May 2) Alice Carpenter
- MARGARET BRADFORD, b. March 06, 1584/85, Austerfield, England; d. March 08, 1584/85, Austerfield, England. (died young)
- ALICE BRADFORD, b. October 30, 1587, Austerfield, England; d. January 30, 1606/07, Austerfield, England.
- Mayflower Planters p.103, 104
- Ancestry.com. History and genealogy of the Mayflower planters and first comers to ye olde colonie [database on-line]. Provo, UT: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: Hills, Leon Clark,. History and genealogy of the Mayflower planters and first comers to ye olde colonie. Washington, D.C.: Hills Pub. Co., c1936-c1941. (see document, attached)
- Gendex, per Susan Roser's Mayflower Increasings, 2nd ed
- Bradford Register, Vol 4 , 83 & 84