About William Brereton Couchman Lewis
- He was Justice of the Peace (J.P.) Pembs 1925.
- He was Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) (–59) Pembs 1932.
- He was V-Pres FPA, Nat/l Marriage Guidance Cncl, V-Ld-Lt , Companion, Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem (C.St.J.) Pembs 1959.
- He was Pres: Royal Forestry Society of England and –50, Nat/l Assoc Parish Cncls Wales 1948.
- He was Major Pembroke Heavy Regiment Royal Artillery (Territorial Army) WW II (POW). He was also known as Baron 3rd Merthyr.3 3rd Baron.
- He was Territorial Decoration (T.D.).
- He graduated in 1923 with a Eton and Magdalen College Oxford Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) , Master of Arts (M.A.) 1926).
- He was barrister Inner Temple , chm: Magistrates Assoc, Pembs QS and Dyfed-Powys Police Authority, CC Pembs 1928–39, Deptl Ctee on The Rag Flock Acts 1938, Nat/l Marriage Guidance Cncl 1951–57, Deptl Ctee on Hedgerow and Farm Timber 1953, RSPCA 1953–57, in 1927.
- He was memb: Royal Commn on Local Government on Tyneside , Deptl Ctee on Justices' Clerks 1938, Royal Commn on JPs 1948, Nat/l Parks Commissioner of 1950–53 in 1936.
- He was Privy Counsellor (P.C.) in 1964.
- He was Knight Commander, Order of the British Empire (K.B.E.) in 1969.