William's Top Matches
About William Coleman, III
- The genealogy of William Coleman of Gloucester, Mass., and Graveshead, England, 1619-1906 (1906)
- The following are the children of William Coleman and Mary Mapes : William, John, George, Abigail and Sarah.
- John (3) emigrated to New London, Conn., and part of his descendants, before the Revolution, removed to Wyoming Valley, Pa., and at the time of the massacre they returned as far as Mt. Hope, Orange Co., N. Y.
- William (3) settled in Orange County, N. Y., and bought 1,016 acres of land on the 15th day of May, 1738, of Joseph Sacket, of New Town, Queens Co., N. Y., on the Island of Nassau.
- George (3) was the first to leave Southold. We find him at Goshen, Orange Co., N. Y., in 1733.
- FIRST GENERATION.
- 1 William Coleman, b. in England 1619; d. at Gloucester, Mass., April 16, 1680; m. first unknown; one son.
- 2 William, b. about 1650; d. about 1705.
- m. second Nov. 4, 1662. Bridget Row, widow of John Row, who d. 1662; she d. May 16, 1680; no children.
- SECOND GENERATION.
- 2 William [William 1], b. about 1650 ; d. about 1705; m. Mary, b. 1662 ; d. 1707 ; dau. Thomas Mapes ; b. 1628; d. 1687-8, and Sarah Purrier, b. 1630 ; dau. Capt. William Purrier. Children :
- 3 William.
- 4 John.
- 5 George. ... etc.
- THIRD GENERATION,
- 3 William [William 2], b. about 1680, Southold, L. I.; d. Aug.—, 1742, in New Cornwall, Orange Co., N. Y.; m. Mary --- ; b. --- ; d. June 17, 1725. Children:
- 6 Daniel.
- 7 Joshua.
- 8 Joab.
- 9 Samuel.
- 10 William.
- 11 Nathaniel.
- 12 Thomas. ...etc.
- 4 John [William 2], b. about 1682, Southold, L. I.; d. April 18, 1733. He moved to New London, Conn., about 1730; wife unknown. Children: ... etc.
- 5 George [William2], b. in Southold, L. I.; d. after 1743; m. Feb. 24, 1707, Abigail Clark; settled in Goshen, N. Y., prior to 1732. Children: .... etc.
- FOURTH GENERATION.
- 6 Daniel [William 3], b. --- ; d. June 12, 1790; m. first. Esther Curtise, Southold, L. I., Dec. 11, 1729; moved to New Cornwall, Orange Co., N. Y.; died there and is buried on his farm. He was a deacon in the church at that place. Children: .... etc.
- 9 Samuel [William 3], b.--- ; d.--- ; Nov. 19, 1744. he was living in Morris Co., N. J.
- 10 William [William 3], b. --- ; d. about 1760 in Littleworth, Ulster Co., N. Y. (now Hamptonburgh); m. first, Dec. 9, 1717-18, Bethia Sweezy, who d. Jan. 12, 1723; m. second Phebe Collins. Children: .... etc.
- 11 Nathaniel [William 3], b. --- 1701; m. March 14, 1724; d. July 23, 1724, Deborah Row. One child. .... etc.
- 12 Thomas [William 3], b. --- ; d. --- , in Cornwall, N. Y.; m. April 17, 1727, Elizabeth Brown, Southold, L. I. Children: .... etc.
- 13. William [John 4], b. --- ; d. --- : m. Sept. 24, 1724, Mary Brown. Children:
- 30 John, b. --- , 1735: d. May 11, 1811.
- 31 William.
- 32 Timothy, b. --- , 1752.
- 33 Duncan.
- 34 Israel.
Re: Mystery surrounding William Coleman and Faith Godfrey
susiehelme (View posts) Posted: 28 Nov 2009 12:41PM
I'm going round and round in circles with all the william Colemans.
Can you help?
I'm descended from Alexander Ebeneezer Coleman 1853-1880 who married Anna Belle Shoffner 1852-1943.
I have his paternal pedigree:
Alexander Ebeneezer Coleman = son of Wilford Ebeneezer Coleman 1820-1879 + Elizabeth F Alden 1821-1879. Wilford Ebeneezer Coleman m2 Emily Jane Shoffner Wardlaw.
Wilford Ebeneezer Coleman = son of William Coleman IV b 1690-1710 Amelia County d 1768 Amelia + Nancy? or Frances Archer?
William Coleman IV = son of William Coleman III b 1680 Prince George Co d 1745 Rawleigh, Amelia Co + Faith Godfrey.
William Coleman III = son of William Coleman II b 1650 Gloucester Co d 1705 Southold, NY + Sarah Mary Maples.
William Coleman II = son of William Coleman I b 1619 Langley, Wiltshire, England d 1680 Gloucester Co, MA + Bridget Rowe Jeggles.
William Coleman I = son of William Coleman Sr b 1605 England d 1683 Newport, RI.
I woul appreciate it if you would let me know if you have any corrections or additions to this.
William Coleman, III's Timeline
April 10, 1680
Price George, Virginia, United States
Spotsylvania, Spotsylvania, Virginia, United States
Cumberland Parish, Lunenburg County, Province of Virginia
Southold, Suffolk, New York Colony
Amelia, Virginia, USA
New York, NY, USA
September 24, 1724
Southold, Livingston, New York, United States
Amelia, Virginia, United States