About William Edward Cheverton
- Name: Mr William Edward Cheverton
- Born in Isle of Wight England
- Age: 27 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at Mill Street Newport Pembrokeshire Wales
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Ilford (No. 334)
Mr W. F. Cheverton, 27, was born in Hampshire. When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as Mill Street, Newport, South Wales. As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s. His last ship had been the Olympic.
Courtesy of Chris Dohany, USA
Cheverton died in the sinking, his body was found by the steamer Ilford in June 1912 1. Notes 1. This made [unofficially] body #334 (since the Oceanic found collapsible A in May, with three bodies inside, those would be, unofficially, 331, 332,and 333).
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)