William Edwards, of Llangyfelach & Jamestown
|Also Known As:||"William Edwards", "of Llangyfelach & Jamestown"|
|Birthplace:||Probably, London, Middlesex, England|
|Death:||Died in Jamestown, James City, Virginia, United States|
Son of Joshua Edwards, of Cardiff and Margaret Babbs, of Cardiff
|Managed by:||Private User|
About William Edwards, of Llangyfelach & Jamestown
William Edwards was born around 1613 in Llangyfelach, Wales or in 1620 London England and died possibly in Hartford CT or 1697 in 1697 in Jamestown, Virginia Colony.
Parents: son of Joshua Edwards (b. ca. 1587) and Margaret Babbs. 
- in 1634 to Jonet Reese
- aft 1635 to Elizabeth Tuttle
- William Edwards b: 5 AUG 1634 in Llangyfelach, Wales
- David Edwards b: 7 JAN 1635 in Llangyfelach, Wales
- Thomas Nathaniel Edwards b: 17 OCT 1635 in Llangyfelach, Wales
"*WILLIAM EDWARDS, son of Richard was born 01 Nov 1618/1620 in London. The Edwards at that time were residents of Edwards Hall, near Cardiff, Glamorganshire, Wales. WILLIAM had at least four sons, William (who settled in Jamestown, VA), John, *THOMAS and Robert. Some accounts say the brothers came to the colonies together and settled on land granted to them by the King of England. There was a William Edwards, son of Reverend Richard Edwards of Wales, who came to Boston, Mass. with his stepfather, William Coles in 1630 and settled in Hartford Connecticut about 1636. This information, and the fact that WILLIAM, son of RICHARD, died in Hartford, Connecticut, make it extremely likely that it was our ancestor WILLIAM who was the original immigrant from Wales" .
-  GEDCOM File : ~AT9A0.ged.
- [S8] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 947. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
- [S8] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
- [S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 171. Hereinafter cited as The New Extinct Peerage.
William EDWARDS, born Nov 01, 1618 in Wales; died Apr 20, 1718; married (1) Elizabeth TURRLE; married (2) Mary TALCOTT Abt. 1692.
Children of William Edwards and Jonet Reese include:
- William Edwards+2 b. 1635. His children include Thomas Edwards b. 1667 d. 1722 
Children of William Edwards and Elizbeth Tuttle include:
- Thomas (Nathaniel) Edwards, b. October 17, 1635, Llangyfelach Glamorgan, Wales, Great Britain & Edwards Hall, Cardiff, Wales, Great Britain - also listed as 1630 and 1639, d. 1698, New York, USA.